Princess Visa Redemptions

volleymasha

Anyone redeemed points for on board credit or gifts and already gone a cruise and received them? I am on the KP 3/15 and redeemed points for some OBCs and some wine for a friends, and I am concerned that even though I typed in our confirmation number and all info, the confirmation doesn't show anything except the OBC and amount of points redeemed.

Anyone already done it had it go fine, or alternatively had problems?

volleymasha

I'm glad you posted. I will be redeeming points for an OBC for my 6/29 cruise on the Crown and wondered how you did that. Now I know to print out a copy of the page where I put my confirmation number before it goes away.

If you call the customer service number for Princess couldn't they tell you that your OBC is there? They should be able to see all your OBCs and freebies.

Enjoy your cruise!

We used our points for a spa credit the end of January. I had to call them to get it processed. Their computer was down and they were trying to fix it. We got the spa creditand used it our first day at sea, but it did not show up on our bill till the last day of our cruise. They said the spa waits till then to credit your account.

• 2 weeks later...
I am cruising in April 08 and have redeemed points on-line for ship board credit. It is showing under the special services section of the on-line boarding pass/summary area as a gift.

Absolutely correct! I redeemed points for a $100 OBC this past week and it is now showing as a "Passenger Purchased Gift and Special Service Request" purchased by Princess Rewards. I would have never found that - thank you! :)

Is this card worth getting? :confused: We have never used a rewards credit card and are wondering what the credits can be used for. Basically also need to know how this works. Pay off cruise with card -get points? These might seem like dumb questions! :rolleyes: First time cruisers!

Janice

Is this card worth getting? :confused: We have never used a rewards credit card and are wondering what the credits can be used for. Basically also need to know how this works. Pay off cruise with card -get points? These might seem like dumb questions! :rolleyes: First time cruisers!

Janice

https://gif.juniper.com/images/new/landingpages/pcl/pdf/PCL_RwdBrochure.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

For those who have redeemed for OBC how long did it take before if showed up in your "special services" section of your online docs?

I redeemed for $250 OBC and am anxious to verify that it shows up :) This will be my first time redeeming for rewards on this card so I just want to be sure it works well. I just did it yesterday and I am pretty sure it will take a few days to show on the account.

Others had any good experiance in redeeming with this program?

For those who have redeemed for OBC how long did it take before if showed up in your "special services" section of your online docs?

I redeemed for $250 OBC and am anxious to verify that it shows up :) This will be my first time redeeming for rewards on this card so I just want to be sure it works well. I just did it yesterday and I am pretty sure it will take a few days to show on the account.

Others had any good experiance in redeeming with this program?

I don't recall exactly but seem to remember that it is usually about 30 days prior to your sailing date. It may be earlier but as I said I really cannot recall the exact time frame. Not to worry though as it will show up.

We're sailing on Aug. 3............I have Final Payment in about 6 weeks - I will pay w/my Princess VISA and since I am taking my family (16) to celebrate our 50th I will have enough points for substantial $$ off 'any' cruisefare (as is listed)

I would rather do this than use the points for OBC, which I would request from the Purser's Desk in cash anyway! I don't expect a big bill at checkout.........we are usually very frugal onboard.

Since the points should show up on our June statement - I will have the 30 days needed to request the rewards.

I was told that my Princess VISA credit card would be 'credited back' for the amount of the ' $$ rewards' since the cruisefare was charged to the VISA.

-Has anyone done this yet??

I'm nervous that this may be a little 'tricky' to pull off....if there is any possibility that it won't work - I will just request OBC - the numbers are the same anyway.....

With my Visa and my DH's - we should have about $600 in Rewards! How nice is that??? :D

Archived