Isla La Roqueta in Acapulco

O2Bcrusin

Anybody know anything about this beach, how to get there and how far it is from the port? Looking for some fun beach time in Acapulco. Is this worth it?

We took a van to the pier from our hotel and had a wonderful day. It's a short trip, maybe 15-20 min. to the island and the captain gave us interesting history about ACA with snacks and drinks. There were only 6 passengers and 5 crew. We went to the far side of the island in an alcove and had an excellent snorkeling experience. The crew went down deep and pulled up starfish, blowfish for us (not me) to hold and take pictures with - don't forget your underwater camera. Then on to another stop, a small private beach to rest up and have lunch.

The color of the water was exquisite at the snorkeling stop. Enjoy!

Do you have any more information about the boat tnat took you there? Do they have a website? How far is it from the cruise port to where you would get this boat? It sounds like you were staying in a hotel when you did this? Thanks for any more info you can give. We are thinking of going to La Roqueta in April.

Hi Bucky,

All the action takes place in Acapulco Bay, the Island and the Cliff Divers.

Look at this map and you'll see the entire bay where the ships come in and to the left of the bay you'll see a little island, and that's Isla La Roqueta. The peninsula is where the cliff divers perform. I do not have the name of the tour since I booked it through the hotel, but looking at my pictures, the name on the back of the boat says "ALEBRIJE" hope this helps. Perhaps look on line for snorkeling tours to the island if that's what you're interested in.

If you have time, try to catch the cliff diver show, it's unbelievable!

http://www.professionaltravelguide.com/acapulco/Destinations-137356

Archived