Jogging track on Century

rtroeh

HP Lovecraft,

You're one of my cruise annoyances. The sign is there for a reason. There are staterooms just below and the jogging becomes a true aggravation.

I had to call security after a jogger refused to stop when I pointed out the sign.

No problems after that, thankfully.

I didn't actually jog there. :)

Thats just what I noticed every morning. The staff removes the deck chairs at night from the sports deck, making it a very convenient place to jog/walk in the morning.

Again, I did not walk/jog there personally. Just pointing out that lots of people did, despite the MANY plainly obvious signs saying not to do that.

I sure people did in fact jog in the jogging track... I just never saw anyone there. I did hear a few people ask if they are allowed up there.... its not obvious that its a jogging track, nor is it obvious how to get there.

I suppose its like the chair-hog situation. People just do it anyway, and claim ignorance. That said, I never noticed a chair-hog problem on Century last week.

nick

My son was 17 when he used it, and I found out he REALLY enjoyed jogging there as this is where a few ladies also went to go topless:eek: !!

Needless to say he ran his 20 laps everyday, and told me AFTER we got home about the "Ocean Views!";)

Take Care,

Jaime

The jogging track on Century encircles the funnel, and 14 times around equals 1 mile. On our 9/11 Western Carib. cruise, ship's clocks were turned back twice during the voyage. I'm an early riser on our cruises, anyway, but not quite prepared for the rapid time change. We had a Sky Suite, and in the dark the one thing visible from the bed was the time on the VCR, which we never bothered to adjust.Well, one morning following the first time change, I arose at "5:45" am. I had laid out my workout gear before going to bed, so as not to disturb DW. Got dressed, grabbed my trusty iPod, and headed outside. Gee, it seems (a) pretty dark for almost 6 am, and (b) I can't believe nobody else is out yet. Well, obviously, at this point, it was a rousing 4:55 am. Needless to say, that track was all mine, and I got my 2 1/2 miles in, in blissful solitude. That is, until the crew began washing down the upper deck. Coming around one side of the funnel, and getting hit with spray from the hose was not something I was expecting. Actually, somewhat refreshing after about 30 laps at that point!! Watch out for those time changes- they'll get ya every time.

And Jaimie: If there was anybody topless up there, I sure as heck wouldn't have seen 'em at that time anyway. ;-))

Archived