Diamond Princess D740 or D741

CCGSRuss

Aft balconies like those BB rooms are usually rather coveted. In general if you can snag one, do so and mark your booking no upgrade. BUT this particular balcony and ship have some downsides. (see below)

Those specific rooms have HUGE balconies, much larger than the already large Caribe deck balconies. There is a somewhat noisy vent adjacent to the center rooms--some people adjust to the white noise in a day, others claim they can hardly use the balcony for the 'whoosh'.

On the Diamond specifically there are many reports of a terrible smell that renders the balcony useless on D741. Noise from the vent aside.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=360686

Others have posted "Some have said that On Saphire the vent blows on D740 and on Diamond it blows on D741."

I would search the Princess boards for "D740" and "D741" and check to see which ships are reported to have smells and at what time of year (it seems that heat of the summer is worse than cooler times, but again, its all anecdotal).

If it were me, I would go with a different deck, but you will really have to draw your own conclusions.

Thank you for your reply. After reading that thread I will avoid D741 like I would the plague! I still like the thought of an aft facing cabin and I will take your advise and look at the other decks.

Russell

Archived