Which Rum to buy in Grand Cayman

cruisin0308

Ok, I have to ask only because there's so many different kinds to choose from, but what would be considered the best Rum in Grand Cayman? I'm going to buy some of the Rum punch mix, and then will probably make up a few batches of Rum Punch at home, from a recipe, when the mix is gone. I'm guessing the Tortuga or Blackbeard's since I've heard alot about them both, but I just received a recipe on my thread that calls for coconut rum, so any help would be very appreciated.

I don't know which rum to suggest but do watch to make sure it is not too over-proof which makes some people sick.

If you want good music to go along with the rum punch try and pick up some CDs from the Barefoot Band --- absolutely the best island music.

Kathy:)

I don't know which rum to suggest but do watch to make sure it is not too over-proof which makes some people sick.

If you want good music to go along with the rum punch try and pick up some CDs from the Barefoot Band --- absolutely the best island music.

Kathy:)

I'm still kicking myself today because we went to Punta Cana in December, and there was some really good music being played every day at the swim up bar, and I never even asked about it, but I loved 1 song in particular. Will check into it in Grand Cayman, thanks!!

I'm still kicking myself today because we went to Punta Cana in December, and there was some really good music being played every day at the swim up bar, and I never even asked about it, but I loved 1 song in particular. Will check into it in Grand Cayman, thanks!!

We bought two Barefoot Band CDs when we were in GC and then ordered another couple of them from home by mail. Some of the songs are really funny and all of them evoke the islands instantly.

Kathy

Ok, I have to ask only because there's so many different kinds to choose from, but what would be considered the best Rum in Grand Cayman? I'm going to buy some of the Rum punch mix, and then will probably make up a few batches of Rum Punch at home, from a recipe, when the mix is gone. I'm guessing the Tortuga or Blackbeard's since I've heard alot about them both, but I just received a recipe on my thread that calls for coconut rum, so any help would be very appreciated.

There is a liquor store in the mall across from the pier - I believe it is called Black Dick's Liquor store, that is so small that that you can't turn around if there are more than 5 or 6 people in the shop. Shop only sells to cruise pax and delivers to the ship if you order early enough in the day.

The shop sells all types of rums as well as other liquors and we have found the prices to be always be very close (and often less) than liquor prices onboard ships or even in the countries of origin.

We always purchase a bottle or two of Mount Gay rum from Barbados from the shop. Love the smoothness of Mount Gay rums and the prices in the store are actually cheaper than we could purchase the rums in Barbados.

Dianne

Archived