Arthurs Tours Dunedin

I have been successful with e-mail communication with Arthur's in Dunedin. It sounds like others are having trouble. Arthur is concerned that he is missing messages from some of you and asks that you verify that you have the correct address arthurstours@xtra.co.nz.

Also, he requests that you put Dunedin Tour and the date of your tour request in your e-mail title. If there is an Elane K out there, he is trying to reach you as well but has not received your message.

Hope this is helpful! Sounds like they are doing their best so don't think they are ignoring you, maybe just resend your message if you don't get a response.

FYI, I have no connection to this company, just passing along a message as I have been able to connect with them.

-Kari

I hired Arthur for our group on the Sapphire Princess in January. He was wonderful to work with before and during our tour. He was so professional and answered all my emails and questions. Arthur was our guide and he took us as close as possible to see the sea lions, we actually were so close I could have touched them. We first went to the yellow eyed penguins, what a treat, then we went to the sea lions. Arthur asked us if we saw a blue penguin and we did not so he took us to see o blue penquin, then on to the albatross colony... wow!!! we saw 8 flying at one time, and even got them in a picture, from there on to the castle and the steepest street in the world and a certificate saying so. He even had a little something for everyone in our group as a thank you. I HIGHLY recommend Arthur and his company!

Sheila

Travelsbysheila@aol.com

I'll add another thumbs up for Arthurs Tours. Those of us from the roll call group on the Feb 2nd Sapphire cruise had him tied up with two tours. Arthur took the larger group on the coach to Larnach Castle and out to see the Albatross colony. His wife Colleen took my group of six on their Architectual tour. It was fabulous! I believe that our tour was better. We were in a small vehicle and actually got to drive up and down Baldwin St as opposed to the 'drive by' that the bus had to do. We also had a delightful tour at Speights Brewery as part of the day.

I'll add another thumbs up for Arthurs Tours. Those of us from the roll call group on the Feb 2nd Sapphire cruise had him tied up with two tours. Arthur took the larger group on the coach to Larnach Castle and out to see the Albatross colony. His wife Colleen took my group of six on their Architectual tour. It was fabulous! I believe that our tour was better. We were in a small vehicle and actually got to drive up and down Baldwin St as opposed to the 'drive by' that the bus had to do. We also had a delightful tour at Speights Brewery as part of the day.

bummer. I didnt know you could drive up it legally.

My husband made us walk:eek:

bummer. I didnt know you could drive up it legally.

My husband made us walk:eek:

As my husband took an Argo tour in the morning and didn't get back until 1:30 p.m. and then we had lunch, we found a taxi at the port and he took us on a 2 hour tour which was fantastic. We did drive up and down Baldwin Street and I saw the numerous steps beside the street - YOU WALKED THAT!!

Also, there is a shop at the corner he was familiar with and we went in there and they gave us a personalized certificate that we had done that Baldwin St. up and down thing driving. They also had lots of postcards of the street and stamps - set of 5 - of Baldwin St.

There were other fantastic sights we saw on the taxi tour and lots of stops and photo ops. Got our pictures yesterday - fantastic. He only charged us for 1-1/2 hours.

We were just fortunate to find him, he had dropped off other passengers at the ship.

An Impromptu event that turned out fantastic.

Our driver drove us up and down Baldwin St and it was a good thing, because this was AFTER our Speights Brewery tour and the 45 minute 'sampling session' that took place post tour. (Obviously, Charlie the driver, only watched the sampling);)

Arthur has a fine tour company and I can't recommend them highly enough. You can see what we did on our tour with them on our review on our website www.thepreismans.com . We took the van up Baldwin street and I was worried that it would make it. The drive back down was much more thrilling. It looks a lot steeper going down than going up. Here is a pic.

NZIMG_0691.JPG

Archived