Reboarding from port

coboo

When we get back on the ship in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, what type of ID do we need. I have read on these board about people taking their passports, DL and everything else. I thought all we needed was our Sail and Sign card. I am kind of concerned because we are doing a beach excursion in Cozumel and I don't want to take a chance with losing passports or getting them stolen.:eek:

We have been both to Tahiti and Mexico, and to reboard, all we ever needed was our sign and sail. You just present it and they put it in a little slot and some little sound comes out and then you proceed. I prefer to leave my passport on the ship because it could be lost or stolen. We usually carry our driver's licenses and a credit card, too, but the DL is just for ID on the credit card. Don't worry about it, just make sure you have your sign and sail card!:D

You will need to have your S&S card and a government issued photo ID.

You can buy a "beach safe" that hangs on a lanyard around your neck...they are waterproof. Buy one at Sam's or similar store.

All we have ever used to get back on the ship was our Sign & Sail card. We leave our passports and driver's licenses in the safe in our cabins so they don't get wet and/or damaged.

The Carnival Capers said to take your S&S card and a photo ID. We always took our S&S and DL with us. However when going through the port checkpoint and getting back on the ship we were never asked to see our photo ID, just the S&S card.

Grand Cayman is a tender port they don't have the little machine to "zip " you card through to see that it is actually you. We make a copy of our passport and had it in a waterproof lanyard around our necks, which was also a good place for our sign and sail card. Never had a problem.

DH got off in Nassau and almost didn't get back on because he only had and S&S card. We had done this plenty of times, so we were shocked when the person at the pier demanded his photo ID.:confused:

We also had to show photo ID to the officer in the pier building in Nassau before he would let you go out onto the pier. Then the S&S card on the ship.

All we have ever used to get back on the ship was our Sign & Sail card. We leave our passports and driver's licenses in the safe in our cabins so they don't get wet and/or damaged.

My concern is not just getting on board the ship. What happens if something happens to you while in port...accident, unlawsfully detained (arrested) or something else. So, as a result, we always bring our passport and Sail & Sign card. My feeling is we are in another country. I want to be able to prove my citizenship at any time. For Mexico in particular. Just my humble opinion, for what it is worth.

both of our stops in Nassau and the one in Colon Panama we had to show photo id before we even got to the dock to reboard the ship. We always have our S&S and DL, before our kids had DL"S they would use thier school student cards.

Archived