Just home from the Glory

Dem&Mag

I will have much to say in a day or two when the brain kicks back on but I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone here, our first cruise was fantastic and I a big part of that was because of what we learned here before we left. Thank you again to all and if there are any doubts let me say the Glory is fantastic and the trip was great.

I know there are others here who were on the ship, and I hope they got back safe.

More to come

A very happy, relaxed, but tired, Sam and Rachelle

why wait, tell us about it!!!! we will be on the gory in april this is our first with carnival so i will ask questions

1 music at the pool? what type

2 how was the food?

3 most importantly, would you do glory again???

why wait, tell us about it!!!! we will be on the gory in april this is our first with carnival so i will ask questions

1 music at the pool? what type

2 how was the food?

We are still cleaning up a little and unpacking etc so a full review will be coming soon, to answer these though

1. Varried, there was a "jamacian" duo that plaed most of the time it was pretty good overall. There was a rock band that played mostly classic rock type songs on the deck party night and piped in music the rest of the time (rock/party etc).

2. The food was great, the buffet food was standard but good, the fish and chips were better than average, the pizza was very good and the hot dogs/hamburgers were also very good. Dinning room food was very good I would rate it a 7-8 out of ten each night, the prime rib (had it twice in the main dinning room) was perfect and cooked just as we like it.

3. In a heartbeat, we are already looking towards next year for another cruise and we are heavily considering the Glory again, we loved the ship.

Sam

Sam and Rachelle,

I hear ya on that. we just got home mid morning.

It was a fantastic cruise.... our first one too. Wed and Thurs were a lil rough ... and cold and windy but it was an awesome experience.

I too need a day or so to fully unwind before writing a recap.

tcs.

Looking forward to a full review. Also sailing before too long.

Glad to hear the food was good! I've been worried since the Miracle cruise and the awful filets!

The pool bands are always what I refer to as "bad reggae" which is pretty sad, imho.

Want to hear about whatever Filipino band I assume is the club. Loved Music Manila on Miracle. They were so much fun.

Which itinerary was this? I'm still looking for info on ours (capers would be nice).

Was on the Glory two weeks ago, it was great.. Good clean ship, Glory Won a award in 2007 for the BEST Ship in Carnival FLEET !!!!! Great time, sail her again, YES !!!! Also in ST. Thomas take the Champaine Sunset cruise. It was $ 59.00 a person, well worth the trip, won't be sorry.. Beautiful sunset, and all the Champaine, Rum punch, Beer you can Drink.. It on the same Dock where the Glory is Tied up... We had great weather the whole week, little windy starting out, the Ship is SOOOO Big you could not feel the Waves..

Did you have a meet and greet on board? You see we have been watching a thread from sheri18 from last week that had canceled her flight

and we are guessing she finally got on board. There is over 16,000 post already to see where she is! Just wondering if you saw her:rolleyes:

From what i recall reading... there should have been a Meet and Greet, but I did not attend as i was with others from our lil group.

we were Western Caribb ..... Cozumel on Monday, Belize on Tuesday and Nassau on Friday.

totally smooth sailing Sun-Tues .... then that cold front came thru and we had rough seas. Wed & Thurs were almost down right nippy ... and VERY windy. upper decks closed, ect.

I do have all my Capers from this, though DH tossed one of them. I still have to fish them out of all my paperwork .... so if anyone is interested in Western Capers.....

oh and all this talk about Wee Jimmy ?? [even our transport driver had him]

we had Ryan Fitzgerald and the Captain was still .. OH heck... forgot his name.. but the Italian one that's been there off and on for 4 yrs.

Like I said... need time to unwind and unfuzz the brain....

Bahamas, we went to Atlantis Hotel, did a walk through, what a place.. I could stay there for a week.. Take a Taxi from the ship and spend a few hours walking through it, Fish everywhere, one Big Giant Fish Bowl, with swimming pools and Ocean beach.... St Thomas we went to Megans Bay, Beauyiful Beach, Water was like Glass, The beach is Surrounded by two Large Mountains, the keep the ocean Calm, St Maarten we went to Dawns Beach, Surf was High, but we still went Swimming, Snokeling.. Also on the Beach was a bar Seventy Five Cents Beers, just like Coronas.. Called Carib...

Anyone every go to the meet and greet and how is it? What do they do during the event?

We showed up where the meet and great was to be and as far as we could tell only us and one other couple were there, if others were there they were not anouncing anything about it. The other couple we knew because we had come in on the shuttle together from the hotel. I did run into one other person who had found info from here, the person behind me during cave tubbing also said she found out about them from here.

Sam

Looking forward to a full review. Also sailing before too long.

Glad to hear the food was good! I've been worried since the Miracle cruise and the awful filets!

The pool bands are always what I refer to as "bad reggae" which is pretty sad, imho.

Want to hear about whatever Filipino band I assume is the club. Loved Music Manila on Miracle. They were so much fun.

Which itinerary was this? I'm still looking for info on ours (capers would be nice).

thats the music i would have to makes it a carribean cruise feel, being at the pool hearing live island music, it doesn't get better than that

But it's bad reggae. I'd prefer piped in Latin music to bad anything. :( Just as with any type of music, if it's bad, it's bad. In fact, when you're a fan of a certain type, when it's bad, it's worse! :eek:

I'm Western but there are two different Westerns. I can't seem to find anything about our itinerary. We're Coz, Belize, Roatan and Freeport with 2 sea days.

No one announces the Meet & Greets because they aren't "official." One couple on our cruise was doing a B2B, so they put lime-green leis in our mailboxes. That way, we wore them to the aft pool bar after muster drill and we could identify each other.

But it's bad reggae. I'd prefer piped in Latin music to bad anything. :( Just as with any type of music, if it's bad, it's bad. In fact, when you're a fan of a certain type, when it's bad, it's worse! :eek:

I'm Western but there are two different Westerns. I can't seem to find anything about our itinerary. We're Coz, Belize, Roatan and Freeport with 2 sea days.

No one announces the Meet & Greets because they aren't "official." One couple on our cruise was doing a B2B, so they put lime-green leis in our mailboxes. That way, we wore them to the aft pool bar after muster drill and we could identify each other.

NC I did the same western you are doing back in december. it was the greatest cruise i have ever been on (ok so i have only been on 4 Cruises)(except for sunday when the seas were rough but i didnt let that affect my cruise at all.)

We cruised the Glory in '05, and are now booked to do a B2B on it in May. We absolutely loved it (it was our first cruise) and we cannot wait to get back on it again... 2 months from today.

...oh and all this talk about Wee Jimmy ?? ...we had Ryan Fitzgerald ...

Wee Jimmy was the assistant CD when we were on the Glory in '05. For all the talk we read about him on the boards, everyone seems to love him, but we just found him totally annoying.

If I remember correctly, Ryan was the CD on the Valor last September, and we thought he was great (different strokes for different folks - then again, perhaps he changed some). Anyway you look at it, we were very pleased when we heard Wee Jimmy might be gone and Ryan might be on the Glory this spring.

...I'm Western but there are two different Westerns. I can't seem to find anything about our itinerary. We're Coz, Belize, Roatan and Freeport with 2 sea days...

I believe they did that itenerary for just a few cruises in the fall just after the hurricanes, and then switched to the itenerary the OP was on.

They are switching back to the Cozumel/Belize/Roatan/Freeport just a cruise or two before we go on the Glory on May 3rd.

That is why it is hard to find threads that refer to this itenerary.

We also were on the ship 2 weeks ago. have been on 8 cruises and we could feel plenty of waves! either we are more sensitive or you had to much rum punch! the whole time from leaving nassau to St. thomas the boat was rocking and a rolling. not that the ship was at fault they announced that there was 45 MPH winds and 10-15 foot seas, unless you werent on the same sailing we were on 2/16. I do agree the Glory was good and posted a review. I am curious to know if your cabin creaked all night like ours. we were in 6463 and all the people around us said the same thing. maybe it was because we were on the back of the boat. If this is the way carnivals ships are designed i doubt i would sail again on one!!

Was on the Glory two weeks ago, it was great.. Good clean ship, Glory Won a award in 2007 for the BEST Ship in Carnival FLEET !!!!! Great time, sail her again, YES !!!! Also in ST. Thomas take the Champaine Sunset cruise. It was $ 59.00 a person, well worth the trip, won't be sorry.. Beautiful sunset, and all the Champaine, Rum punch, Beer you can Drink.. It on the same Dock where the Glory is Tied up... We had great weather the whole week, little windy starting out, the Ship is SOOOO Big you could not feel the Waves..

...I can't seem to find anything about our itinerary. We're Coz, Belize, Roatan and Freeport with 2 sea days...

The May 3, 2008 Roll Call is quite active, you might try reading it for ideas. No, we cannot speak yet from experiences, but we too are all searching for information and sharing it as we can. Come pay us a visit.

Archived