Easier to fly into MIA or FLL?

We port in MIA...

Leave from Atl is it easier to fly into mia or fll and what is the best way to get back AND forth to port, what are the prices. Keep in mind we are toting a 3 year old :-)

Easier the better!

Unless your are saving $100 per person in airfare ($300 total) fly into Miami. Take a cab to the port.

Learned from past experience. Wasn't worth the money I saved in airfare to fly into FLL as you need to get transported to the port of Miami from FLL. We used a car service: John's Car Service: 954-303-8747. He was $80.00 each way, which was the best rate I found. Plus we had the expense of a hotel in FLL.

FLy into MIA and take a cab ride to the port - about $20.00.

Ft. Lauderdale can be a 45 minute to an hour and a half ride away depending on the traffic & time of day.

Easier???? You get on the plane and get off wherever it lands. If you're leaving from Miami, then your trip to the pier from MIA will be shorter and less expensive than if you have to travel from FLL. But if there is a financial consideration, then only you know your circumstances and can make the right decision for your family. And it should go without saying that if time is a factor you surely would want to fly into the airport nearest the port.

Taxi from MIA to pier is flat rate $24. Cheapest way for 3 people from FLL to pier would be GO Shuttle shared ride at $18/pp http://www.floridalimo.com Dedicated sedan is $64, and cab is close to $75.

Agree with the advice that unless you are saving considerable amounts of money by flying into FLL, fly into MIA.

In my experience both FLL and MIA are a mess, especially on busy cruise weekends.

Easier???? You get on the plane and get off wherever it lands. If you're leaving from Miami, then your trip to the pier from MIA will be shorter and less expensive than if you have to travel from FLL. But if there is a financial consideration, then only you know your circumstances and can make the right decision for your family. And it should go without saying that if time is a factor you surely would want to fly into the airport nearest the port.

Taxi from MIA to pier is flat rate $24. Cheapest way for 3 people from FLL to pier would be GO Shuttle shared ride at $18/pp http://www.floridalimo.com Dedicated sedan is $64, and cab is close to $75.

I read somewhere that GO shuttle doesn't take you back to FLL.

The only reason that I am considering FLL is there are many more flights into there than MIA not to mention hundreds cheaper to fly into!

You are correct. GO will not pick you up in Miami. They only operate out of FLL. So now we get to what I said, only you can make the decision based on what is best/easiest/cheapest for your family. The ship will sell you a transfer to FLL at the end of your cruise. Ask you TA for details and price, as well as any restrictions. Figure a cab is roughly the same cost back to FLL, but there are also shuttle drivers looking for bodies to FLL, some as cheap as $15/pp. FLL is also probably a little easier to navigate than MIA

Not sure what your carrier options are; I'm lucky that I can fly one carrier into MIA, and another out of FLL if I want.

Last year our port was Miami, we flew into FLL because it was the only way we could get a direct flight plus it was alot cheaper. We got the shuttle's that are waiting when you come out of baggage claim at FLL which takes you to the ship for $18 per person. After the cruise again hoped on a shuttle at the Miami pier which took us back to FLL for $20 pp. After the cruise we were checked in at the airport at 9:30am, since we did self disembark. It was quick, easy, and saved us lots of money, would do it again.

We always fly into FLL when cruising out of MIA.....we love the non-stop flight from RI and the price is well worth it for us and we treat ourselves to a limo to start the vacation...For us it is cheaper but also much more fun!! When my DD was small a non-stop was a great way to fly then aslo!

No such thing as 'one right answer' .. you have to do your homework.

Once found a combination package for air-FLL, one-way SUV rental (National), 2 nites in S.Beach, and return flt from MIA = all together came out cheaper than a straight dock-day arr/dep MIA.

/.

There's lots of info on these boards for you to come to your own conclusion as each persons situation is different. After much research for my situation, I found that for 2 people (with no children), even though it was much cheaper to fly into FLL the headache of figuring out transport to Port of Miami was not worth it to just pay more to fly into MIA. That situation may change in the future but for us that's what it came down to.

(It does seem to me that for larger groups of people it may be better to fly into FLL as you can divide the cost of transport to the port between more people and maybe make it worth your while.)

Tweety33....Do you remember who the shuttle was you used to get back to the FLL airport? Right now I am looking at the carnival transfer but dont really want to go on the bus.

I looked in my records and only had the price written but not the shuttle name. They were there ready soon as you got off the ship ready to load up and take people to FLL, they were vans fulls. There are so many people waiting to assist you just tell them where your going and they point you right into the right shuttle. Confirm your price first. It is SOOOO much faster and cheaper than the carnival transfer. You will have no problem catching a shuttle soon as you disembark.

Funny thing is it is actually cheaper taking a shuttle to FLL than taking a cab to MIA.

Good luck, it is easy, and worked perfect for us.

Archived