looking for people in Samana on 3/11 for Playa Rincon

lizabet

Hi -

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in splitting the cost of a Casa Dorado excursion while in the port of Samana. The excursion is to Playa Rincon beach - ranked as one of the world's top 10 beaches. I've contacted the excursion company (which comes highly recommend on various boards and posts that I've read) and they informed me that no one from our ship has booked this excursion yet (I was originially trying to add myself and my fiance to someone's excursion) - so this means that we would practically have this beautiful beach all to ourselves! There are two options that Casa Dorado provides:

1 - Playa Rincon Excursion - Conde Nast Traveler ranked this beach as one of the world's 10 best. It's so splendid, in fact, that many Dominicans refer to it as the most beautiful on the island. Over three miles long, Playa Rincon is surrounded by coconut palms and almond trees, not to mention a 2,000 foot mountain on one end. The best way to get to this isolated beach is by boat; a ride that is definitely worth it. Round-trip boat ride from Las Galeras main beach to Playa Rincon is $160 for up to 10 people. There are several small restaurants on Playa Rincon, where you can order a fish, lobster or chicken lunch.

2 - Snorkeling at La Playita/Playa Rincon Excursion - Round-trip boat ride to la Playita to snorkel followed by swimming at Playa Rincon. We provide all snorkeling equipment and ice cold water. The price of the trip is $240 for up to 10 people. Lunch can be ordered in La Playita and cooked while you snorkel.

I'm hoping to find 8 additional people that would be interested in either one of these excursions. The cost would only be $16pp for option 1 and 24pp for option 2 if we can find a total of 10 people to go.

Also, regarding transportation...this is directly from Casa Dorado:

We are located in Las Galeras, which is 18 miles from Samana. We can reserve a taxi that will be waiting for you on the Samana boat Dock and will bring you straight to Las Galeras main beach and return you at your leisure. The taxi is $70/roundtrip for up to 8 people and $80/roundtrip for 9-10 people. The taxi is a large van/small bus that easily fits 10 passengers.

And if any of you are wondering about lunch:

Lunch is not included in any of these prices, but they run $10-18 per person.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. You can contact me directly at elizabethreeves@gmail.com

Archived