Advice on what cruise to take?

redrobin

Posted this on the Princess board, but thought I'd ask here too.

Looking for a cruise for me and DH in late November, early December, 10-14 days longs. Other than that, am very flexible as to the itinerary and cruise line. To date, have taken three 7-day cruises (Alaska on Sapphire, W. Caribbean on Star, E. Caribbean on Celebrity Millennium). Enjoyed each one.

Here's what I'm considering:

Hawaii - Golden Princess - 14-day RT Los Angeles

Hawaii - HA Zaandam - 15-day RT San Diego

South Pacific - Tahitian Princess - 10-day RT Papeete

Australia/New Zealand - Celebrity Millennium - 14-day Auckland/Sydney

W. Mediterranean - Celebrity Century - 10-day RT Barcelona

S. America & Canal - Celebrity Infinity - 14-day Ft. Lauderdale - Valparaiso

I know everyone has different preferences, but would appreciate any suggestions on things to consider when picking the itinerary. For instance, I know the Tahitian Princess is smaller than ships I've been on, so I may or may not like that. Likewise, with Hawaii, the Zaandam stops at Kona, while Princess does not. Was also wondering how I'd feel having so many sea days with the Hawaii itinerary... For those who've done these itineraries, any advice or things to think about? Thanks!!

If you have not yet been to NZ, I would put this country high on your list for sheer beauty. Only difficulty is the looong flight. I have the SA cruise from Valpariso to Ft. L booked because of the canal, one of the great engineering feats by man.:) I prefer Celebrity for an overall quality of service and an understated effort to try to "sell" additional items once on the cruise.

Umm, all of them :D You have my top 3/4 dream itineries on your list. I don't see how you can go wrong with any of those choices.

Did HI, will do PC 1/09 and Aus/NZ will likely come a couple years later. I loved HI - but am partial to the sea days. I also liked Hilo and Kona a lot having never been there. Been to Maui too many times to count - stayed on the ship that day. The weather first 1 1/2-2 days from LA/SD can be rough and will likely be pretty cool. After that we had great weather.

We like the service on X although admittedly, we don't have much to compare to - most of our cruises have been on Merc & Summit.

Sorry to be rude, but Straight Talker, I can't even imagine where your obsession with critizing Celebrity comes from. You don't like it. Don't sail it. Find the boards where you can make a POSITIVE contribution.

Our daughter and son-in-law did the Auckland Sydney cruise on Mercury and had a wonderful time, so that would be on my list for sure.

for an irreverent 30something look at this cruise:

http://touchyoulast.blogspot.com

Any cruise that starts in beautiful Barcelona has got to be great. We did Millennium from Barcelona to Venice in November and it was terrific.

Wowzers! What lovely choices. Australia New Zealand sounds divine - I was in Aus. in November a few years ago and it was heaven. NZ is at the top of our list right now.

Last November we sailed Celebrity from Barcelona to Venice via Istanbul and it could not have been more perfect: light, if any crowds, sunny, crisp weather with hardly a drop of rain. Summit in November has great lower prices to compensate for the weak Euro. For instance there is a current bargain for 11/15 balcony cabins including air for about $2700 14 days. Pretty tempting.

Let us know what you decide.

Mary Anne

Just a thought.

we have been on TP 3x

great cruise every time and a very nice little ship

last time we were on her for 22days doin a b2b 10days with cooke isles and another 12 with hawaiian isles

the south pacific is absolutely beautiful and if you have time try to stay a few days on land either before or after your cruise i recommend bor bora

its a long flight to the ship but very well worth the time

last i heard princess is cancelling that itinerary soon(?) too bad itsa great ride

Your choices are mostly all so different that it is hard to say anything more helpful than "whichever one appeals to you". Personally, I'd pick the Infinity repositioning. It gets you some Caribbean, a Panama Canal crossing, and some South America. That seems like a ton of variety for a two-week cruise and I would personally love that. That's not to say that I wouldn't love all of the others, too...

I had gone on the Celebrity Century Carribean cruise, and I thought that it was spectacular. From my perspective, the Century has magnificant food, and for days at sea, wonderful attractions all around the ship such as BINGO and shopping, and even basketball. I would suggest the Century Meditteranean myself, because it sounds like a fun adventure, while journeying on such a wonderful ship and cruise line.

Archived