Zip-Lining

lorideco

If you are looking for something great to do in Casa de Campo, try the zip-lining. It was so much fun. The company was bavarorunners. They were great. They met us outside the dock. We had an hour air-conditioned ride and then we got on a wild truck ride for 5 minutes up to the zip lines. They explained everything and then we went flying through the air. After, they had some fresh fruit and they had soda or water also.

I would highly recommend them if you want to have some fun and not just lay out on the beach.

loridece, This sounds interesting. Can please provide more details? Some questions I thought of- what time were you in port, how long did the whole excursion last, how much was it, did you feel totally safe at all times, were the vehicles that the transported you back and forth to the ship in safe, did you have to prepay, were snacks provided? Sorry for all the questions, if you can think of anything else I would appreciate it. Right now we're planning on just staying on the ship since nothing has seemed like a good match for us so far. Thank you for posting information about this, it's hard to get any information on this port!

loridece, This sounds interesting. Can please provide more details? Some questions I thought of- what time were you in port, how long did the whole excursion last, how much was it, did you feel totally safe at all times, were the vehicles that the transported you back and forth to the ship in safe, did you have to prepay, were snacks provided? Sorry for all the questions, if you can think of anything else I would appreciate it. Right now we're planning on just staying on the ship since nothing has seemed like a good match for us so far. Thank you for posting information about this, it's hard to get any information on this port!

At Christmas time they said they would only book thru the cruiselines, you couldnt book privately on your own. We did this at Christmas through Costa and had a blast. The open-air transport at the zip-line site was just about as exciting as the zip-line:D

The zip-line is very safe and there is always someone checking and hooking you up to the next line.

When we first emailed them they told us to book through the cruiseline, but we were on Royal Caribbean which didn't offer it. We were then allowed to book it directly through them. We paid ahead of time because other people highly recommended them and we paid through paypal and credit card so I knew I was protected. They gave a discount if you paid ahead of time which came out to $72 per person.

We were in port from 11:00 am to 5:30 pm. They picked us up at the port around 11:15. We were 8 people transported in an air conditioned van for around 45 minutes. He pointed out some things to us and talked about the Dominican Republic. Then we got onto an open air truck for a very bouncy trip to the zip-lines (around 5 minutes). He had a cooler and offered us drinks on the way there.

When we got there, everyone used the restrooms and then we were all fitted with gear. Then he showed us exactly what to do.

There were around ten platforms where you zip from one to another. There was a person on either end of the platforms and safety was there main concern. As soon as you got to the top of the platform they would hook you on so you couldn't fall off. I have done zip-lining before in Costa Rica and they were very safe and professional.

After we were all done they told us they took some pictures that we could buy for $5 a piece which I though was very reasonable. They came out pretty good. Then they offered us fresh fruit which was delicious. They also offered us water and sodas which were in a cooler on the bus.

We got back to the port around 4:00. I highly recommend this for all ages. We had several teenagers with us who loved it and us old people also had a great time.

Archived