where to rent a car in Port Canaveral

jgiczewski

we need to rent a car after we return to port. which company is the closest to the port and how do we get there once we get off the boat?

thanks!

Hi,

on our cruise back in November: we got our luggage, walked out of the terminal, crossed the street and went to the back of the parking lot ( about 150 feet from the door of the terminal) and there, there were the shuttles for all the popular car rentals ( Avis, Dollar, Thrifty - that one we used, Hertz and others). We got in the shuttle for about 10 minute ride to the rental office.

Wes

we need to rent a car after we return to port. which company is the closest to the port and how do we get there once we get off the boat?

thanks!

Here is some information that may help you while here

Always

Shirley

National does not have shuttle service to the port. Enterprise has a location on Merritt Island which is a barrier island between the mainland and the beach. They will shuttle you both ways during normal business hours which are M-f 9-6 and Sat 9-12. Your best bets are Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Avis, Enterprise and Hertz.

Look here for car rental coupons and discount codes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

Enterprise Car Rental is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

The General Manager is Shakeira Tennort .They have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - opened 7 days a week. The email address is shakeira.l.tennort@erac.com

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE OFF THIS BOARD OK?

Their hours are Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 6PM and Saturday & Sunday 8AM to 4PM

Avis car rental has agreed to meet or beat prices per Bob Fink

Located at 6650 North Atantic Avenue

Cape Canaveral, fl 32920

321-783-3643

Also remember you have Jeremy that is a great guy and will do what he can to help you - another of my favorite places

http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com

12/12/2007 Their email is STILL out of order so the best I can tell you is when you go to their website, use either their local phone number or fax number.

BEWARE THRIFTY CAR RENTAL UPDATE 02/11/08 --THRIFTY HAS NOW CHANGED ITS DROP OFF FEE TO $15.00.

ALSO THRIFTY CAR RENTAL IS ALSO NOW ACCEPTING DOLLAR CAR RENTAL CARS AND THEY NOW HAVE A DROP OFF FEE of $15.00.

THRIFTY/DOLLAR CAR RENTAL

6799 NORTH ATLANTIC AVENUE

CAPE CANAVERAL, FLA 32920

321783-2600

GM STEPHANIE BAILEY (easy to work with)

BUDGET CAR RENTAL (sister to Avis Car rental)

8401 ASTRONAUT BLVD (AKA AS A-1-A)

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

321-784-0634

GM is Pat

HERTZ CAR RENTAL

8960 ASTRONAUT BLVD

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

321-783-7771

Shirley's info has it all. Read it closely and take note National is farther down in Cocoa Beach and does not have a shuttle. Also Thrifty does have the drop charge.

I will not single them out because I have rented from them and they are a good company. If others follow suit we will point that out as well. Some have even said that they are still cheaper even with the DC. Just don't want any surprises.

Preston

We rented from Thrifty in December. They were the cheapest and it worked out ok, but I don't think they have as many shuttles as some of the others. We saw some of the other companies' shuttles come by two or three times while we were waiting for our shuttle to show up. Then he didn't have enough room for everyone waiting. Also, the driver complained about the weight of the luggage to more than one of the passengers. I'll use one of the others next time.

I am renting from Budget. They are located in Cape Canaveral. They told me they will have vans waiting at the port when the ships arrive. They also offer shuttle to the port from their office if you drop off a car prior to your cruise. They also have a location inside the MCO airport. We are renting at the MCO upon arrival and then dropping off at their Cape location instead of catching a shuttle from the MCO to Cape Canaveral, this was much cheaper.

Archived