Fantastic day at Playa Uvas

Doughball

Hola,:) :) :) :)

On 2/14/08 my wife and I arrived in Cozumel, aboard Liberty of the Seas. We had reservation for the day at Playa Uvas. (We took the best package at $59) We heard about this beach on this site. We got to the pier and jumped into a cab and had a 10 minute ride to the beach ($8 for the taxi, not including the tip)

When we arrived we walked to the reception area and were greeted by some very very friendly people. We were introduced to our waiter/helper, who would assist us for the day. He took us around this small beach and introduced us to other employees. We were given a key to our locker, which was next to the beach. At about 11:00 we met with our guide to go out in the clear kayaks. There were approx. 8 kayaks with 2 people in each one. The guide pointed out fish and threw food to them. The tour was near the beach and a pier, and there was alot to see on the bottom. Lots of fun!

Next we had a snorkeling tour. We walked up the beach to a certain spot and entered the water with our guide. We have snorkeled in many different areas, and found this to be among the best we've seen. We were in the water for almost one and a half hours.

When we got back to the beach we just layed back on our lounges, under our umbrellas and the drinks started to arrive. All drinks were included in the package. (Mixed, beer coke etc.) We placed our order for lunch on the patio, our waiter advised us when it was ready. The food was very good, and it was a fun time on the patio. They have a small pool which is nice to get into and stay cool.

What made this such a nice day was the people who run Playa Uvas. They made you feel like old friends. We Will Be Back!

We are booked to go here through Eduardo. How did you do you're booking? ...glad to hear it was a wonderful day and snorkeling was good. Was it very crowded? How many ships were in port the day you went? There will be 6 ships in port when we go and were having second thoughts about going as it may get very crowded here. Aghh...can't decide...but so glad to read positive reviews! Thanks~

Hey Sunlover2,

We booked through Eduardo also. He was the one that met us at the entrance. He greeted myself and my wife by our first names, prior to us giving him any information on that day. I still don't know how he knew who we were. There were at least two ships in port on the day we went. It is a small place, and I would say the most visitors we saw there at one time may have been 20. I want to say one more thing. The beach is not one of those types where the sand goes on and on. Once you get past the rock and coral along the edge the water is very pleasant. They have a walkway to use to get past the edge. We have been to the big beaches on the other side of the island, and there is a vast difference. This place was quiet and just nice small place to watch the day go by. We have our own snorkeling gear, but they had some to use also. It looked very new. If you are looking for all the big toys, this is not your place. We have done the other tours during our previous visits, and now we are just into the lay at the beach for a few hours and then return to the ship. No matter what you decide, it's still more fun to be in the Caribbean then in the cold north.

Good luck,

The Doughball

Hope

There's a very long, multi-page thread about Uvas that has some pics.

Thanks for the review. I'm pretty sure I'm going to book this. Not interested in the kayaks but want to snorkel from shore, have some food and a few drinks and just relax.

Archived