Hurricane Jeanne Information

CruiseFever

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Hello to everybody! I’m glad I checked in on this thread. We are located in Boynton Beach, so we are getting some pretty stiff gust up here as well as the rain. At 5:50 P.M. it is getting very interesting around here! [/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3] [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Well, they just reported the first tornado. It’s in Indian River County. Hope everyone stays safe.[/size][/font]

Florida Posters
Your reports are giving me a much better idea of what's going on than on the Weather Channel. I hope you all weather the storm, sober or not! I think I'd be with the "cup o' cheer" crowd 'cause the news is not sounding good!! Nobody deserves to go through what you Floridians have had to endure this past month, so know we are all thinking about you and pulling for you! Keep us posted. I have a question...do they turn the power off on purpose in some areas because of the fear of downed power lines? If so, are you alerted that your power will go off most likely during the storm, no matter what?

[COLOR=Purple]yes they do shut it off but they don't forewarn you.
During Frances I lost power in the middle of the day and it wasn't raining or windy.
Today it is more windy and rainy and not one time did it even blink! (knock on wood)
So I think they shut it off last time, maybe this time they'll cut me a break! :)

Here comes another squall![/COLOR]

Well, Sue, here we go again! Can you even believe it? I never took down the plywood other than a couple of windows to let in some sunlight, and then, only because the Wife demanded that I do so. They say we are going to have tropical storm winds up to hurricane gusts. It's already looking pretty nasty out there, but just a bit of rain on and off and getting a bit more wind. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Looks like the folks in Polk County are going to get clobbered yet again. My heart breaks for them. When is enough, enough? Anyway, take care. Just wanted to check in and say hi. Been way too busy lately to even get on the boards. Stay safe. Best wishes and prayers to all in the path. Remember, you got through it before and you will again!

The Monk

Hi Monk. Great to hear from you, but not in these circumstances again!! You are going to get it harder than us, unless it doesn't turn. :eek: Then I will get it right in my lap!!! You take care of you and your family!!! Check in as soon as you can, after. I will have a few drinks with you in spirit. These things are getting old!! :(

You folks in Fl take care and stay safe. I will continue to keep you in my prayers over and over and over and over again. :rolleyes:

Come Monday I should be on the Caribbean Princess. For any of you Fl folks that need an escape come join the "Hurricane Chasers" at a Princess discount price.

Seriously, hunker down as Jeanne looks like she might be a rough ride.

Take care and God Bless...
~Kathi~

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][u]Cowardly Lion[/u]: [/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Courage. What makes a King out of a slave? Courage. [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage. [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist or the dusky dusk? [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage. [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]What makes the Sphinx the 7th Wonder? Courage. [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]What makes the dawn come up like THUNDER?! Courage. [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]What makes the Hottentot so hot? [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]What puts the "ape" in ape-ricot? [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Whatta they got that I ain't got?[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][u]Dorothy & Friends[/u]: Courage![/size][/font] [left][font=Comic Sans MS][u]Cowardly Lion[/u]: You can say that again.[/font]
[/left]

Turn your ac down a few degrees so your house stays cooler longer in case you lose power. Ditto for your refrigerator.

Freeze some of those water bottles and if you lose power transfer those bottles to the refrigerator.

Fill the bathtub. (We didn't do this, we thought we had enough water to drink.) But you don't want to use that precious water to wash and if you don't have a pool to flush.

Remember you have water in your water heater.

Also, if you think you'll be out of electricity for awhile, buy a generator. FEMA will reimburse you for this along with the gas it takes to run it.

Man, This thing is getting awful close to the west coast!!! :eek: Monk you had better duck!!!!

[url]http://skeetobite.com/weather/imagecontrol.asp?image=jeanne_streets49.gif[/url]
[url]http://skeetobite.com/weather/maps/vero_adv49.gif[/url]
[url]http://skeetobite.com/weather/maps/extremeCU_adv49.gif[/url]

Hey guys - Jensen Beach checking in - we have several people staying with us during the storm and I have been reading y'all's posts outloud to them - we need an empty bladder when we read the ones about drinking! (Y'all know that the older you get, the worse that problem gets!) My 75 year old Mom says "Those people are better that anything we see on tv!" - yeah to you guys for making us laugh through this! And, we have joined you - isn't it technically ok to drink after 12 noon - (I think they said real alcholics drink BEFORE noon) so we have been drinking red wine since about 2 pm - my friend is now in the kitchen making us Amaretto sours - we are not drunk or anywhere close to it - just want to make sure we sleep tonight you know - better to sleep through the worst part of Jeanne - maybe when we wake up it won't be so bad. Getting really nasty here in Jensen - high winds, lots of thunder(can't see outside with the shutters - presume there is lightning too?), a lot of clunks and things that go bump in the night......expecting wind up to 150mph - yikes! Y'all keep praying for us please! Wendy, we LOVE your posts - enjoy yourselves and keep drinking your "special" coffee - I sure hope SOME of you are going to be on our cruises - you can tell when you will like someone ahead of time - before you even meet them - y'all are great!

Archived