Grand Cayman - shops near Pier?

star65

You may want to check out the board devoted to Grand Cayman. Look under the main board for Ports of Call.

And for your other thread, go to the East Coast Departures Board. There's a subforum under there for Florida.

The tender will drop you off in the heart of Georgetown...shops ???? YES. To your left (north) will be 7 mile beach. You can take one of the million vans waiting or walk a mile of two. Lots of shops right there. If you are looking to buy liquor... Tortuga (right at the tender area) has great prices. Warning... Jimmy Buffet's is $$$$$ All Cayman prices are in Cayman dollars and the USD is worth less so you will pay a lot for a burger and a beer.

If you tender from the normal spot you will be taken to the heart of the shopping. If the weather is poor and your ship needs to tender from Spots Bay as we did last week, there is no shopping nearby but after taking the taxi (abt $6 pp depending on which beach) to the beach when you are ready to leave the beach you can ask the taxi(abt $3) to drop you off downtown to do your shopping and then grab another taxi ($4)back to the pier to tender back to your ship. Which ever spot you tender from you will likely have to be back to the pier to catch the last tender at 1:15 if your ship leaves at 2 p.m.

My shopping in Cayman stopped in October 1999 when, after forgetting to pack a dress shirt, I paid $80 for one there, nuff said?

I can imagine what a tux shirt would cost. I had to buy one on my last cruise, Feb., and found one in Barbados cruise terminal for $28.00 with bow tie.

Archived