Reduit Questions

neptune18

I was trolling through the threads and I saw your new post.

If you look down the St. Lucia port-of-call thread, say about 3/4 way down the first page, there's a thread/post entitled "Reduit Beach." Under that thread, several folks have posted detailed information about Reduit Beach including photos, information about the beach, ways to gain access to the beach, etc, etc.

There are some great links under that thread about water taxis and other modes of transportation from Castries (usual cruise ship ort-of-call) to Rodney Bay, which is the town where the Reduit Beach is...Rodney Bay St. Lucia!

IMHO, Reduit Beach is not that long but I guess that's a matter of subjective opinion! I just asked DH and he said "it's probably about the length of 4 or 5 football fields???" So, let's say under 1/2 mile???

To me, Reduit Beach did NOT seem that long. The "main entrance" to the beach, if you will, is just a "lot" off of the main road in Rodney Bay. When you come in through that entrance, their is an excellent restaurant immediately to your right called "Spinnaker's."

Having said that, once you set foot out of the cab and onto the lot, you will immmediately be approached by a number of people, all wanting to "rent you umbrellas, chairs & the daily set up, etc." Most folks, I believe, wanted $15-$20/per day for 1 umbrealla and 1-2 chairs.

Now, each hotel along Rodney Bay (and there are only a few) have "areas" for private use by their guests. This really means nothing, though, because Rodney Bay is a public beach that is open to all.

You can also gain access to Rodney Beach through a few of the hotels. ie: The Rex Papillon being one of them.. Don't bother, tough because you'll still end up going through retail shops where you will be approached to buy tchotchkes AND you'll be approached by guys hawking chairs and umbrellas once you hit the beach.

At any rate, most of the "public" section of the beach seems to be near that furthest sand lot and directly in front of (and to the left of) the Spinnaker Restaurant.

You know what???? I hesitated to do this because I do not want to trouble your view but I'll link you to my review on TripAdvisor of Coco Palm Resort @ Rodney Bay, which is where DH & I stayed x 1 week at Christmas '07. Ther Coco Palm is adjacent to Reduit Beach.

PLEASE TAKE MY REVIEW WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!!! READ THE OTHER REVIEWS, TOO, OKAY???

My experience of St. Lucia was not a good one but I am definitely in the minority.

Here's the link! I'll check this thread to help you with other questions. Bare in mind, too, that I am by no means an expert. I'm just trying to help!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147344-d549923-r11989683-Coco_Palm_Resort-Gros_Islet_St_Lucia.html

I am "mat'sgirl" of Belleville Michigan.

Good luck! I hope this has been helpful!

Archived