We lost a $100 OBC

RNCindy

We are sailing on the Triumph on 3/15. We received a $50pp onboard credit a few weeks ago because of a price reduction in our cabin catagory (8E). Last Saturday (3/1) we saw another $50pp reduction so I called our PVP and left a voicemail and I printed out the webpage for reference. We didn't hear from her and so last night I sent her an email about the additional price drop. I got a response from her today and she said our catagory is full and she "can't discount what is not available". On Saturday there was one 8E cabin left (it's on my printout) but today it's gone, so in order to get our $100 OBC, we would have to move to another catagory that is not booked, which we don't want to do since our group is next to us. I replied to her email with this info and have not heard back. We have never encountered this problem before and didn't know it was a "rule". My advice is that when you call to get ANYTHING changed, talk to a person, not a voicemail. I realize the PVP's don't work 24/7, but they should leave a message on their voicemail that they are out of the office and to contact someone else if assistance is needed. Her voicemail only said she's either on the phone or away from her desk. Live and learn.....

Not everyone works on Saturdays... so if you leave a message and they don't call back, I would assume they aren't at work. You can talk to anyone there however... the sales go very quickly and without verbal confirmation you can't be sure you are getting anything. It's always best just to talk to someone there that can help you.

I guess I am not understanding this.... if you didn't change categories of staterooms, how did you lose a $100.00 OBC when all you had was $50.00 OBC to begin with and am assuming you still have it ?

since the price dropped again they should have gotten the cheaper price resulting in MORE OBC. But since the cabins were now completely booked in that catagory, there is no recourse. Me personally if this was a PVP or TA that I had dealt with frequently I would explain to them that my loyalties have always been with them and I would hate to think I'd have to change to another agent over $100. especially since you contact them before it was sold out.

I guess I am not understanding this.... if you didn't change categories of staterooms, how did you lose a $100.00 OBC when all you had was $50.00 OBC to begin with and am assuming you still have it ?

We got a $50 per person OBC a few weeks ago ($100). The price went down another $50 per person this past weekend and we asked for another $100 OBC(which would be a total of $200 OBC) but failed to get it because our category is now sold out. What I was told by our PVP is that "if there are no cabins available in your category, then I don't have anything to discount". What about OUR cabin!!! I haven't called her yet - wanted some feedback from others first.

The price of my cruise dropped online so I called my PVP and got a voicemail. I was afraid they wouldn't get back to me in time, so I just called Carnival's 800 number and spoke to someone and they took care of me. I got an upgrade and an OBC.

In the future, I would try both. When my PVP called me back the next day, he said there was nothing he could do for me and I told him I had it taken care of already.

We got a $50 per person OBC a few weeks ago ($100). The price went down another $50 per person this past weekend and we asked for another $100 OBC(which would be a total of $200 OBC) but failed to get it because our category is now sold out. What I was told by our PVP is that "if there are no cabins available in your category, then I don't have anything to discount". What about OUR cabin!!! I haven't called her yet - wanted some feedback from others first.

But your category is sold out... so there won't be further adjustments. Had you spoken to someone on the day when you saw the price drop and there were actually cabins left, you might have been able to get an OBC (they don't always give you an OBC, especially this close to cruise time)... next time, just make sure you speak to a live person... an email is not a guarantee, and if there was only one cabin left, that probably went pretty quickly. They reduced the price to sell what was left for a cruise that is next week... and it seemed to work.

I would get a new PVP. I don't see why they should give you grief over such a little amount. At least see if you can fax the printout you have as proof.

BTW--My PVP gave me her cell phone number, so I can call and book or change at any time. I guess every PVP is different.

I would get a new PVP. I don't see why they should give you grief over such a little amount. At least see if you can fax the printout you have as proof.

BTW--My PVP gave me her cell phone number, so I can call and book or change at any time. I guess every PVP is different.

I have my PVP's cell number as well.:D

This is first Ive heard of the once its sold out bit.:confused:

For $100 I would make another phone call or two to a supervisor. JMO

hey guys, if you book thru a ta, are they the ones that give you the price reductions or obc? i sent the ta a $100 coupon from carnival and they said they sent it to carnival to see if they would honor it.. i hope so.. i forgot to send it w/ my deposit, but then again i used a credit card for that!

do you think that w/ these monthly specials on the carnival site, that they would still honor a reduction in price? every week is a new special! you :) never know.

The price of my cruise dropped online so I called my PVP and got a voicemail. I was afraid they wouldn't get back to me in time, so I just called Carnival's 800 number and spoke to someone and they took care of me. I got an upgrade and an OBC.

In the future, I would try both. When my PVP called me back the next day, he said there was nothing he could do for me and I told him I had it taken care of already.

I called the 1800 number because of a price drop and the guy told me I had to call my PVP:mad:

When I missed out on a OBC for a price reduction last year (because my PVP never did call me back) I called and spoke to a supervisor at Carnival. Even though the price had gone up by the time I called her, she got the OBC credit for me. Right after that I got rid of that PVP and really like the one I have now.

When I missed out on a OBC for a price reduction last year (because my PVP never did call me back) I called and spoke to a supervisor at Carnival. Even though the price had gone up by the time I called her, she got the OBC credit for me. Right after that I got rid of that PVP and really like the one I have now.

I called yesterday and finally spoke with a supervisor in the PVP area and she was able to check the history (computer fairy?) and said she did see where I called last Sat. evening and that there was one balcony cabin available in our category at that time. She then said it's up to the PVP's discretion to give OBC's after final payment is made. I told her of the "shortness" of my PVP and that I hadn't heard from her at all since my last email and the supervisor went ahead and gave me my $100 OBC ($50 per person). Then she said "You're not getting anymore!!!". I thought that was a little uncalled for but didn't argue the point. I WILL be changing to a new PVP for the next cruise. Thanks for all the advice!!!

Then she said "You're not getting anymore!!!". I thought that was a little uncalled for but didn't argue the point. I WILL be changing to a new PVP for the next cruise. Thanks for all the advice!!!

I would be changing supervisors too :D At least you received the credit. Have a great cruise.

Chances are good that someone was put on hold while the PVP checked with someone else, usually a sup or someone, and was told there wasnt anything to offer unless they choose to move to an available category.

Since they did not wish to move and that category was closed, no additional OBC was offered.

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but in what was has been said, I see the PVP trying to work with them. The sup too. And instead of realizing that, we are complaining about it. :(

If the PVP had no trouble honoring a previous rate drop, why do you think she wouldnt try to help you now? :confused:

What the sup most likely meant is that if the rates on your sailing go down again, there would not be any more OBC offered since they have gone beyond the rules and given it you anyways.

But hey - let's burn them at the stake and break out the s'mores! :eek:

The downside? It wouldnt matter if it was Carnival, some other cruise line, or even a TA. You dont seem like you would be happy with anyone on the other side of the phone. :(

The upside? S'MORES! :D

In the future, if you see a rate drop, get a hold of a real live person and get it taken care of. There is someone on the phones at Carnival 24/7, even if it isnt your PVP.

Yes, you can call up and ask weird questions in the middle of the night. I do it regularly :p

We are sailing on the Triumph on 3/15. We received a $50pp onboard credit a few weeks ago because of a price reduction in our cabin catagory (8E). Last Saturday (3/1) we saw another $50pp reduction so I called our PVP and left a voicemail and I printed out the webpage for reference. We didn't hear from her and so last night I sent her an email about the additional price drop. I got a response from her today and she said our catagory is full and she "can't discount what is not available". On Saturday there was one 8E cabin left (it's on my printout) but today it's gone, so in order to get our $100 OBC, we would have to move to another catagory that is not booked, which we don't want to do since our group is next to us. I replied to her email with this info and have not heard back. We have never encountered this problem before and didn't know it was a "rule". My advice is that when you call to get ANYTHING changed, talk to a person, not a voicemail. I realize the PVP's don't work 24/7, but they should leave a message on their voicemail that they are out of the office and to contact someone else if assistance is needed. Her voicemail only said she's either on the phone or away from her desk. Live and learn.....

You may have better luck calling Carnival and request to speak with a manager and explain the situation and that you have the print out. Sometimes reps can only do so much and mgrs can do a little more. Also you may want to reach out to their guest relations and speak with a mgr there. ;)

I've never had luck getting my PVP to give me OBC's for price drops. Carnival recently sent me an e-mail advertising a $100 OBC per cabin for my upcoming cruise. It specifically states that 5 day cruises get a $100 OBC at booking. He said they are offering an OBC promotion right now, but the $100 doesn't apply to 5 day cruises. Carnival's website says that it does. Travelocity says that it does. Every time I call about a price drop or bonus like that they tell me something along the lines of "If Travelocity is selling it for that cheap it's something they are doing, we can not honor their prices".

It seems like my PVP will just flat out lie if need be to keep from having to give me an OBC.

I had good luck calling the 800#. I don't wait to get my PVP. She takes too long to call back. I've gotten 4 OBC's on the same cruise since final payment just by calling the 800#. I asked my PVP about what to do, She said call the 800# as soon as I see a price drop because if it goes up there is little she can do after the fact.

I really don't feel she if doing her best for me. I just booked 4 cabins for my family. When I called for the last one there were many travel sites showing a free upgrade but Carnival's site didn't. She said she could honor that upgrade and seemed to imply that it really wasn't there just something left over from a past sale. I called one of the TA's and it really was still in effect. It wasn't much difference$40 but I felt she should have done something more. After all I had just booked 4 balcony cabins that week.

How does one contact a supervisor or actually change a PVP?

Chances are good that someone was put on hold while the PVP checked with someone else, usually a sup or someone, and was told there wasnt anything to offer unless they choose to move to an available category.

Since they did not wish to move and that category was closed, no additional OBC was offered.

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but in what was has been said, I see the PVP trying to work with them. The sup too. And instead of realizing that, we are complaining about it. :(

If the PVP had no trouble honoring a previous rate drop, why do you think she wouldnt try to help you now? :confused:

What the sup most likely meant is that if the rates on your sailing go down again, there would not be any more OBC offered since they have gone beyond the rules and given it you anyways.

But hey - let's burn them at the stake and break out the s'mores! :eek:

The downside? It wouldnt matter if it was Carnival, some other cruise line, or even a TA. You dont seem like you would be happy with anyone on the other side of the phone. :(

The upside? S'MORES! :D

In the future, if you see a rate drop, get a hold of a real live person and get it taken care of. There is someone on the phones at Carnival 24/7, even if it isnt your PVP.

Yes, you can call up and ask weird questions in the middle of the night. I do it regularly :p

I had a problem with a new PVP, I got advice from fellow cruisers and now it's fixed and I'm HAPPY!! I was just telling my story so myself and others can learn from it which is one of the purposes of these boards. I really don't need someone I don't know to judge my happiness. I'm very HAPPY because I'm going on a cruise in a week!!! I do hope you wake up on the right side of the bed soon!!

Archived