Hawaii Entertainment book?

luv2travel2beaches

Hi - I ordered an Entertainment book yesterday. They are now 50% off and $17.50 + $5 shipping was a great deal because it'll save me $40 on the Polynesian Cultural Center. I've already paid for the book. I also noted most of the discounts were on Honolulu, but they had many discounts for chain stores. In other words, when my kids want an ice cream I can take them to a Cold Stone and get 2 for 1. We won't be doing any fast food restaurants, but BK and McD's are in there as well. Hilo Hatties has a discount too, I believe. So, bottom line is whether you can make up the $22.50 cost. Evyerthing else is just cake. ;-))

Can anyone tell me if the Hawaii Entertainment book has coupons for deals on Kauai and The Big Island? When I tried to check it out online it showed discounts for mostly Honolulu. Thanks!

Looking at Indexes for each category:

Dining Out - Maui and Oahu only

Casual Dining & Fast Food

Island of Hawaii - Aloha Pizza, Pancho and Lefty's, Royal Siam Thai Restaurant, and Wendy's, Burger King, KFC

Attractions:

Island of Hawaii - Camelot Sportfishing, Island Breeze Luau, Parker Ranch

Island of Kauai - Air Kauai Helicopters Tours, Holoholo Charters

Museums:

Island of Hawaii - Lyman Museum & Mission House

Recreational Sports:

Island of Kauai - Paradise Outdoor Adventures Kauai

Sporting Activities:

Island of Hawaii - Body Glove Cruises, Sea Quest Rafting Adventure, UFO Parasail

Retail:

Multiple locations - Black Pearl Gallery, Claire's, Hilo Hatties

If you see something that interest you - I will give you the details.

We used ours for a lot of small things and the PCC and it more than paid for itself. When we left the ship, we gave it to our steward and he and his friend were VERY excited, because it had coupons for Subway and Burger King left in it.

One caveat- there are tons of car rental coupons in the book. I had already booked but planned to use them for upgrades. Read the fine print. They aren't good in Hawaii.

Viv

One caveat- there are tons of car rental coupons in the book. I had already booked but planned to use them for upgrades. Read the fine print. They aren't good in Hawaii.

Viv

Seems strange to put them in the Hawaiian book and not be able to use them there. I used a National free day coupon online and it seemed to work okay. Guess I will find out when I get there.

• Administrators

The backbone of the Entertainment books, and what keeps them viable, are the national (and international) coupons. You'll find movie deals, car rental agencies, chain restaurant, hotel chain, etc. coupons in every Entertainment book across North America. We're looking at the Vancouver book for our cruise this summer (the 50% sale that just hit is good, better than the $10 off and a coupon from a month ago --but not as good as 50% off and free shipping, which will likely happen but may take another month). That British Columbia book includes coupons for Sea World, Orlando. :)

That's also how the prices for the Entertainment books stay pretty reasonable, and why they work for fund-raisers, etc. Purely local coupon books are quite spendy -- the two big ones in Alaska, for instance, cost $50 to $100 each.

Thanks for the info. Since I was planning on using the rental car coupons in Hawaii and that was the main purpose of the book I guess I won't be buying it now. There just aren't enough things in Kauai and The Big Island if the rental car coupons are no good! Thanks for helping me to NOT waste my money.

for HI EXCEPT Budget...

national, alamo, avis and hertz work find (used them for 2 years in a row).

You can also use Costco coupons for HI... they don't ask for the card (but sometimes asks for coupon)

Looking at Indexes for each category:

Island of Kauai - Air Kauai Helicopters Tours, If you see something that interest you - I will give you the details.

Hi,

Can you please tell me what the Air Kauai coupon is for? Also, if there are any instructions on how to book it. I am waiting for my book to arrive, but would like to go ahead and possibly book it depending on the stipulations.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you please tell me what the Air Kauai coupon is for? Also, if there are any instructions on how to book it. I am waiting for my book to arrive, but would like to go ahead and possibly book it depending on the stipulations.

Thanks!

Coupon States:

Air Kauai Helicopters Tours - Enjoy a Kauai Deluxe Tour for up to 6 people at 25% off the regular price.

Offer details: Valid anytime. Direct advance reservations required; on availability basis. Offer validity is governed by the Rules of Use and excludes defined holidays. Offers are not valid with other discount offers, unless specified. Coupons void if purchased, sold or bartered. Discounts exclude tax, tip and/or alcohol, where applicable.

3651 Ahukina Rd. (at Lihue Heliport)

Lihue, Kauai, HI

808-246-4666

www.airkauai.com

for HI EXCEPT Budget...

national, alamo, avis and hertz work find (used them for 2 years in a row).

You can also use Costco coupons for HI... they don't ask for the card (but sometimes asks for coupon)

I tried to use my coupons when booking online and they wouldn't take them, so I tried at the counter in person. Avis refused mine and showed me the fine print on the back that says it isn't valid in Hawaii. I checked and the other ones said the same, so didn't try at other rental locations.

Viv

Most of the rental car coupons in the entertainment book don't apply if cruising. Examples of Avis coupons - $25off a weekly rental; free weekend day (for 3 or more consecutive days); $20 off a weekly rental; avis coupons do say only valid in contiguous U.S. and Canada.

Enterprise has coupon for "up to 15% off standard daily rates". 15% off is at neighborhood locations or 10% off at airport locations. Discount applies to cars reserved in advance. Coupon must be redeemed at time of rental. The code is ENTX82.

Most companies have coupon for car class upgrade- Alamo, National, Hertz

Budget & Avis coupons say valid only in contiguous U.S.

We used ours for a lot of small things and the PCC and it more than paid for itself. When we left the ship, we gave it to our steward and he and his friend were VERY excited, because it had coupons for Subway and Burger King left in it.

Viv

Someone mentioned that the PCC coupons may be for up to 6 people. Is this correct? We have 13 in our group - just wondering if I need 2 books.

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any coupons for volcano helicoptor tours on the Big Island?

Unless I'm overlooking it, I don't see a coupon for helicopter tour on Big Island

Someone mentioned that the PCC coupons may be for up to 6 people. Is this correct? We have 13 in our group - just wondering if I need 2 books.

Coupons states:

Enjoy one Adult Admission when a second Adult Admission is purchased at regular price. Valid now thru November 1, 2008.

To use this coupon, you must observe the following rules:

1. Make reservations yourself directly at (808)293-3333 and identify yourself as an "Entertainment member"

2. Members, please note: reservations are on availability basis. (Availability for discounted purposed means discounted reservations will be accepted until PCC projects that is is filled up for the date in question). Reservations are then limited to regular rates.

3. Coupon does not apply to groups, conventions, travel agency bookings or other promotional rate offers made by PCC.

4. Offer not valid on Twilight or Show Only Packages. Must present coupon at time of redemption.

5. One coupon per person.

Hi All

For those of you with more expirience with using these books I have a question..

I am an aussie traveling solo on PoAM in November.. On top of this I will be spending 4 days on Oahu.

I cant drive due to medical reasons so using this book for car rental isnt an option for me..

Will this book still be of benefit to me ?

I have read that booking tours through NCL can be costly.. Does this book have cheaper alternatives?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks

Leashy

Hi All

For those of you with more expirience with using these books I have a question..

I am an aussie traveling solo on PoAM in November.. On top of this I will be spending 4 days on Oahu.

I cant drive due to medical reasons so using this book for car rental isnt an option for me..

Will this book still be of benefit to me ?

I have read that booking tours through NCL can be costly.. Does this book have cheaper alternatives?

There really aren't many tours listed in the book.

Here is a small list of some things that might be of value to you:

25% off Germaine's Luau in Honolulu

Buy One get one free for Polynesian Cultural Center

$3.00 off admission to Bishop Museum

50% off Battleship Missouri Memorial

50% off Dr. K Tours - Pearl Harbor & City Tour

25% off Air Kauai Helicopter Tour

50% off Diamond Head Tour

• 3 months later...

I just checked ... there are several books listed on eBay.

I got lucky with mine. The day after I bought it they left me a voicemail saying they were sold out and would recredit my credit card. Ten days later, it arrived in the mail. Fortunately I hadn't won a bid yet on eBay, so I didn't end up with 2 of them!

Now, I just have to remember to pack it!!!

Archived