Help with Tahitian Princess in Jan 05

mrspunker

[size=3][color=indigo]We are going back for our 3rd, March 2006! We love it! I haven't read any bad, to speak of! So, what bad did you hear? (well, other than an 8 hour flight from LA!)[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#4b0082]The beauty of the islands is incomparable. Lots of water sports to do. Great tours, like you never see in the Caribbean. [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]Some have said the ship wasn't their favorite. It's new enough, in good repair, and quite nice. I love the smaller size. But, those who don't care for the ship, have said it's not like anything in the Princess fleet. True! Only 680 persons, no promenade deck, are mainly the biggest complaints. [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]Try it, I think you'll like it! ;) :D [/color][/size]

We went last October for our honeymoon and plan on returning either July 05 or July 06. I had absolutely no complaints - hubby's only complaint was the flight home, but now that Princess does not use Omni anymore, that should not be an issue.

Honestly, I lot of the recent "negative" things I have read on these boards should not have been a surprise to people.

Yes, the ship is small. It does not have all of the amentities of the larger ships (although we did not miss anything).

Yes, you do spend two days at sea going back and forth to Raratonga. Could that time be better spent?? Sure, but I don't decide Princess' itinerary. People should know when they book what the itinerary is and how much time they have in each port.

Go and have a great time!!!!!!! Tahiti is truly like no other place on earth!! Enjoy!!

We have spent 35 days on the TP and are going back on October 14th for our fourth cruise on the ship..

WE LOVE IT!!
check out some photos:[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gvre/album?.dir=8405&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gvre/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gvre/album?.dir=8405&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gvre/my_photos[/url]

Don't miss out on this paradise!
There is only the best on this cruise!

We went on our 3rd cruise on the ship, twice when it was Renaissance and once now that it is Princess. We like the size of the ship, our main reason for taking this trip is due to the love of the Islands of Tahiti, they are beautiful, I personally have fallen in love with the South Pacific and hope to return over and over again!

We were on the Sept. 4 sailing of the Tahitian Princess and loved her. We have been on 18 cruises, mostly large (and very lg.) ships. Most, but not all, in the caribbean (which we LOVE). Though we like larger ships more IF kids or teens or 20-somethings are along, this ship's size didn't bother us or our neighbors (who go on the lg. ones, too) at all. The decor is a traditional and slightly formal but w/very bright colors. I liked it much more than I expected! Food was good. (Fettuccini was to DIE for!) Only food complaint is they sort of repeated the same TYPES of dishes sometimes - you know, lots of fish and beef ( too many various shrimp or steak type dishes on consecutive nights), but a very MINOR complaint. Service was good. Itinerary was just what we wanted. I've read complaints about the ship being too small or rocking too much (which I happen to like; we did get very rough seas - 12 ft. waves - on the way to/from Rarotonga. But I am VERY motionsickness prone and just take "less drowsy Dramamine" each day and was totally FINE). The shows aren't quite what we were used to on other lines like RCCL, Carnival or NCL - not as good. But the Tahitian shows they did do were the best in my book. The islands are very beautiful. FLowers everywhere. Except for black pearls I(if you are into that stuff) and nice fresh flowers and pareos, there isn't very much to purchase except a few soaps, vanilla and junky t shirts, etc. Flights (we did our own bookings there and our own transport to and from the airport, etc.) were a pc. of cake. ATN is great! People in FP are very friendly. Not pushy at all. It's a good destination for at least once to see that area of the world. I personally think it's so quiet there, that we prefer places w/more to do for a long stay. But if you can, spend a few nts. prior to your cruise on Moorea, or at least Tahiti! You won't regret it. The excursions - coral gardens type snorkels, the shark feedings and so forth are things that are above most normal excursions that you will find in the caribbean and even Hawaii to some extent. Also do a motu picnic! Those are fun! You can book many of the excursions yourself once you are there, or go online to sites like Tahitiexplorer and this board (destinations and read other TP postings) for more info. on those. Plan to spend quite a bit on those, though. FP isn't cheap. . . The terrain of the islands is other worldly. For the price, most especially, this was one great cruise! :)

Yes, Yes, Yes . . . your gonna love every thing about it. (OK, except for the long flight.) This was our favorite cruise out of about a half dozen. Everything everyone else has commented on it true. Excellent islands, people, food, excursions, etc. And the Tahitian Princess is the ultimate way to go! We loved it so much, like others, that we just booked our 2nd cruise for next May.

Have a great time!

Archived