cruises from san juan

prizm8

Hi:

We are taking our 2nd cruise early next year but haven't decided on ship or itinerary. We were exploring taking a Southern Car route out of P.R. I can recall some negative posts a year or two ago regarding the discounting of cabins to people who live in P.R. in order to ensure selling a "sufficient" number of cabins. Can anyone provide some feedback on this? Thx.

We did the Serenade out of San Juan last Jan and absolutely loved it. Of course there were quite a few people from Puerto Rico on the ship, just as there are a lot of Floridians on ships out of Miami or any of the other ports in FL. I know some of the posts you are talking about, but we had no problems at all. I would do the southern route again in a heartbeat...it's just the airfare that is a bit prohibitive for us. I hope you enjoy your cruise.:D

We sailed on Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan just 2 weeks ago. Yes, there were lots of passengers from Puerto Rico. There was also a nice mixture of European, Australian, Asian and a variety of Caribbean passengers. Of course, there were passengers from all over the USA. It was great! It was diverse and interesting.The live music was excellent and well varied, and some of the best I've ever heard on a cruise ship. The Latin dancing was wonderful and very exciting to be a part of. The shows were teriffic. The food was delicious. Our fellow passengers were having a great time and being considerate of others. What's not to love? :D

Archived