Name Change?

mrgame101

Hello.

We are looking to book a cruise for Sept 09. Ways away I know! But that is the next time due to work and school we will be able to go away together.

Another couple we are looking to go with is getting married this summer. And if we book now we wonder whether their will be a problem with my friend's last name as when we travel she will have taken her husbands name? Or if we explain this upon booking or what we do?

Thanks!

Thats what we had in mind because they would never know! But if putting it on her credit card the names would not match up right now! I called PVP but out of office today and see what he says. Somewhere someone must have had a similiar situation. Thanks for the answer!

Book it under the name she will be using on her legal ID and/or passport at the time of the cruise. That is what HAS to match or she won't get on the ship.

Credit card names do not have to match the booking names. Anyone can book and pay for a cruise for someone else. So Susie Smith is buying a cruise for Susie Jones and John Jones. Not a problem.

Book it under the name she will be using on her legal ID and/or passport at the time of the cruise. That is what HAS to match or she won't get on the ship.

Credit card names do not have to match the booking names. Anyone can book and pay for a cruise for someone else. So Susie Smith is buying a cruise for Susie Jones and John Jones. Not a problem.

This is exactly what we did! Booked our cruise, then got married. But, we put down my "new" last name because that would be my legal name at the time of sail! :) We did the same thing for when we booked our flights.

I've traveled with my married name on my drivers license and maiden name on my birth certificate for almost 5 years now and never had a problem. HOWEVER, just in case I alwasy carry a certified copy of my marraige license as well because you never know.

Hello.

We are looking to book a cruise for Sept 09. Ways away I know! But that is the next time due to work and school we will be able to go away together.

Another couple we are looking to go with is getting married this summer. And if we book now we wonder whether their will be a problem with my friend's last name as when we travel she will have taken her husbands name? Or if we explain this upon booking or what we do?

Thanks!

Booking should be made using the name that she will be at the time of cruise......And I would also say that it should tie in with the name she will place on her passport which could possibly be required by fall 2009.

Archived