Questionable Last Minute 3/16 Fortuna RocknRoll Offer

Pupsweet

I want to run this by you guys ... :confused:

I received this email. I am booked on the Rock and Roll 3/16 Fortuna cruise which includes the 3 Dog Night concert series ...

"

The Cruising to Music Legends of Rock and Roll cruise is a little more than a week away, and we're very excited as we count down the days until we join you onboard the beautiful Costa Fortuna and cruise the Eastern Caribbean to the sounds of Three Dog Night, The Lovin' Spoonful and Hot Brass Monkey.

We've heard from many of you that you'd like the opportunity to be assured that you'll receive a great seat for the Exclusive Cruising to Music headliner performances. In response, we've developed a Preferred Seating package. For just $149 per person, you'll be admitted to all Nine Cruising to Music featured peformances a full 10 minutes prior to general admission guests, giving you first opportunity to secure the best seats!

This exclusive Preferred Seating package will not be offered onboard the ship. You must reserve it by Thursday, March 13 at 8:00 pm Eastern Time by calling your Personal Vacation Manager at 800-760-5407."

Huh?

Felt kinda usurious to me.

Upon phoning Cruisin to the Music regarding my concerns raised by this email, and the fact that we've ALREADY paid for the concerts, I was told that if I just get in line "real early" I'll be okay ... hmmm .. and how is one supposed to do THAT while dining "italian style" beforehand at the imposed Early Seating?!?!?!

I was also told by a female agent there that there was "a bit of a stampede for seats" last time, and it wasn't very well organized, so they decided to do this instead.

Oh, that's reassuring.

I realize it's a big theatre and all, but playing on people's concerns about getting "good seats" by charging them $300 bucks a couple 10 days before sailing seems pushing it a bit.

What do you guys think? Maybe I'm over-reacting.

Thanks for listening to me rant. :D

I would never pay for it - but if I wouldnt get a seat they would hear it from me BIG time!!! This is just another way to get more money from you. I dont like it at all!!!

You made me laugh! No, I know .... I'm sure we'll GET seats ... it's THE MANNER in which we'll get them that might be annoying.

Thanks for the response!

It's no biggie... they just did the same thing on the January 19th sailing that featured Lovin' Spoonful, Paul Revere and the Raiders, and Davey Jones of the Monkees. Having paid for a seat already....it does seem a bit silly to try to make sure that you're in the first 8 rows.

I've waited 30 years to finally see these guys... it doesn't matter where my seat is, so long as I'm in the crowd. Would rather spend the extra money on vacation. IMHO

Besides..no matter where I sit...I'm already surrounded by awesome cruise buddies. ;) Mick

Well, if this were Carnival, they would be doing a "JACKPOT BINGO", before the concert, and when you went in at show time, all the seats would already be full of bingo players! :rolleyes: :D

HAH! You're prolly right ...:D

Don't give them anymore fundraising ideas!!!! :rolleyes:

I was really upset over the extra charge. What is the big deal? When I was 16, I might have wanted to sit up front, and I did on many occasions. I am not that excited about sitting up front. I just don't want to sit next to the speakers or behind a post.

Mishellley;)

Just got off the Fortuna. Theater is very nice. But, there are speakers EVERYWHERE. Every concert/show was very loud. I didn't mind, but lots of people were holding their hands over their ears. Also, the upper balcony have an annoying rail right at eye level. Have fun though and don't sweat the small stuff.

Just got off the Fortuna. Theater is very nice. But, there are speakers EVERYWHERE. Every concert/show was very loud. I didn't mind, but lots of people were holding their hands over their ears. Also, the upper balcony have an annoying rail right at eye level. Have fun though and don't sweat the small stuff.

Will you be positng a review? Would love to hear how the whole cruise went for you!

Archived