Carnival Elation cabin warning

dsealy

We just returned from our 16th cruise, and our first on Elation. We booked cabin E255 in the aft section of the ship. Just one comment: If you don't like sleeping, book a cabin back there! Of all the cruises we have been on, this was the noisiest cabin ever. All the noise from the azipods pounds into the room while under way. It was like sleeping in a bass drum! We tried to switch rooms, but the ship was booked full. We made the best of it, but what an experience! Book midship or forward cabins on Elation!

We just returned from our 16th cruise, and our first on Elation. We booked cabin E255 in the aft section of the ship. Just one comment: If you don't like sleeping, book a cabin back there! Of all the cruises we have been on, this was the noisiest cabin ever. All the noise from the azipods pounds into the room while under way. It was like sleeping in a bass drum! We tried to switch rooms, but the ship was booked full. We made the best of it, but what an experience! Book midship or forward cabins on Elation!

I don't know what an azipod is, but I'm wondering if that is what we heard when we were on the Paradise last Labor Day weekend. We were in the very last outside cabin aft, port side, on Riviera Deck, and from the moment the engines started it was as if someone was dropping a bowling ball onto a metal deck from a height of about 10 feet. Every five seconds. Continuously. All day, all night. We also tried to switch rooms, with the same result you had. The couple in the cabin next to us said they heard it all the time, too -- and they had our cabin as a buffer!

We found out that if you are tired enough you can sleep through just about any noise!

Hmm... I'm sailing on the Elation soon and I'm going to be in M187. I noticed on the deck plan that there is a big blank area between my cabin and the elevator. Is this the engine room or something? Am I going to be kept up by that same noise?

Hmm... I'm sailing on the Elation soon and I'm going to be in M187. I noticed on the deck plan that there is a big blank area between my cabin and the elevator.

Storage and such

I was in M21 a few weeks back and the only time the engine bothered us was when we came into port. The foward azipod and anchor noise made for a good alarm clock.

Gecko7:rolleyes:

I wonder if this problem is specific to the Elation. I sailed on the Imaginatio on cabin E242 (rear facing aft cabin) and we didn't experience it the same way. Yes, there's a rumble (in our opinion very muted) when the ship is moving but not anything that would keep us awake. It's comparable to the noise from an air conditioning unit, which I'm accustomed to.

On the bright side, we were thankful for being in this cabin. The seas were very choppy, with the ship pitching pretty wildly a few days. Thankfully, if we were tucked away in our cabin all the way in the back of the ship, we wouldn't feel the motion. The moment that we would start walking forward, we would start feeling the motion more and more. We had some friends who were in a porthole cabin all the way forward on the Upper Deck and their story was completely different. They couldn't sleep because the pitching motion (up, down) was so strong sometimes (and the sudden shudders with the down motion) that it would keep them awake, and also nauseous the whole time...

Hmm... I'm sailing on the Elation soon and I'm going to be in M187. I noticed on the deck plan that there is a big blank area between my cabin and the elevator. Is this the engine room or something? Am I going to be kept up by that same noise?

If you have a cabin on same deck as engine room you got on a cargo ship not the cruise ship:D

Our horrible tablemate Alice on the Miracle kept complaining about the noise from the engine room. She was on the 6th deck!

There WAS an airconditioning unit next to her cabin. But the noise certainly wasn't coming from the engine room!

Of course, she had a long list of "complaints" that she fabricated to get freebies and OBC for her next cruise. :mad:

We were on E187 last year on the Elation and I don't recall hearing any noises either. Our cabin was towards the rear of the ship as well. We sail in 22 days and now have booked E199, which is a little further back than our cabin last year. I hope we don't have that constant noise this time.

We just returned from a back-2-back on the Elation. First leg was E2 a porthole cabin. Very rocky ride as it was the forward most room on the ship and a lot of noise associated with the anchor. The second leg was in the aft, and inside R226. We did notice a constant rumble and a lot of shaking. Both rooms were very rocky due to the size of the ship. As much as we liked the Elataion, this was our first cruise without a balcony and will definitely be our last.

Upandadam,

did you do the same itinerary B2B? We got off the say you left from a 5-day. It was rocky the last day at sea on our return due to the weather coming in.

Gecko7:)

Both of ours were the 4 day to Cabo. Love the ship and staff but don't like not having a door to open and get fresh air. The only balcony rooms are suites and unfortunately much more expensive than a typical balcony room although they're about the same size or even smaller. When in the front cabin one night we felt like the bow was rising 25-30 feet then crashing down into the swells with a shudder. Was like a carnival ride! (no pun intended).

• 9 years later...