Oslo transportation

Good Afternoon. I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend who is having trouble getting onto this site.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced transportation from the ship to the airport in Oslo? They will be on a Princess cruise in July and are disembarking a couple of days early in Oslo to visit friends in Norway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Good Afternoon. I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend who is having trouble getting onto this site.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced transportation from the ship to the airport in Oslo? They will be on a Princess cruise in July and are disembarking a couple of days early in Oslo to visit friends in Norway.

Any help would be appreciated.

We were there two years ago and the taxis from/to the airport were expensive 600-900NOK ($100-$170, but probably closer to $120). There is a Airport train called FLYTOGET (http://www.flytoget.no/eng) which costs 160NOK ($30) and departs from the Central Train Station about every 15 minutes.

It should be possible to walk from the dock to the the main railway station in Oslo (Oslo Sentralstasjon, frequently abbreviated Oslo S) - but it will be quite a long walk.

Once there, get the Flytoget, as sfocruiser says. Little is cheap in Norway, and this is about as good value as one can reasonably get for transport from Oslo city centre to the airport.

I assume that because this is not the end of the cruise, the cruise line will not be offering a shuttle service to the airport.

Thanks. Seems like there aren't many options. A few of you were right, the ship's shuttle won't work, being that they are disembarking before the end of the cruise. I guess expensive private transportation is the only answer.

I guess expensive private transportation is the only answer.
Unless they get a taxi to the train station if they don't want to walk. Sorry, that was the step missing from my earlier post! Once you get to it, the train is really a very good way of getting from central Oslo to the airport.

Unless they get a taxi to the train station if they don't want to walk. Sorry, that was the step missing from my earlier post! Once you get to it, the train is really a very good way of getting from central Oslo to the airport.

The train is very accessable and efficient. And with english widely spoken its easy to navagate..

If the ship's docking downtown near Akershus, there's actually a station slightly closer than the main central station. Nationaltheatret (National Theater) is about a five minute walk from Aker Brygge (which is the area at the innermost end of the fjord, about 10 minutes walk from the cruise terminal). The station is a stop on the Flytoget airport express train line, although the trains are less frequent. The train leaves every 20 minutes instead of every 10 minutes like it does at Oslo S (central station). But it costs the same amount, and it's potentially walkable from the ship.

Also, you mentioned "reasonably priced." The Flytoget is wonderful and convenient, but if you're really pinching pennies, you can also take a local train for slightly less. They don't run as often (roughly every 30 minutes), but I believe it's around 90 NOK one-way, compared to 160 NOK for the Flytoget. Oh, and in case it's applicable, students under 31 and seniors over 67 can buy half-price Flytoget tickets, making it even cheaper!

Archived