The Sanctuary

sickofsnowinmich

Read a few things referring to "The Sanctuary". Is this an adult only area of the ship? Any comments on this area?

Nancy

Just off of the Emerald Princess and LOVED the Sanctuary!!! I can not say enough about how much it added to the trip for us, and this was our 21st cruise.

I LOVED the wonderful lounges they had to enjoy...very comfortable. The service is exceptional, very accomodating but unintrusive.

We appreciated the fact we could sit in sun or shade, were away from the noise and the crowds, could leave our lounge knowing it was ours upon our return, and just felt it was wonderful.

My only complaint is the need to be in line in the morning to reserve your spot...no pre-reservations or bookings allowed. The sea days were crowded, but there was only one day we did not get in. Port days were very secluded.

I know there are those that prefer not to pay extra for the use of the sanctuary ($10 per person 1/2 day, $20 each for all day) but then there are those that will pay $100 for a massage on the cruise and most of us can get one for $40 or so back home...so it is a matter of what makes YOUR cruise experience best for you. HIGHLY recommend.

I do wish Princess would consider selling "full cruise" access and pre-bookings to the area for those that wanted to commit to use to have the priviledge to have a spot they desired. Seems if you are willing to pay upfront for an unlimited day pass, you should get first choice in selection without having to be in line at 7am.

Obviously, we cruise to TOTALLY unplug and relax.

Just off of the Emerald Princess and LOVED the Sanctuary!!! I can not say enough about how much it added to the trip for us, and this was our 21st cruise.

I LOVED the wonderful lounges they had to enjoy...very comfortable. The service is exceptional, very accomodating but unintrusive.

We appreciated the fact we could sit in sun or shade, were away from the noise and the crowds, could leave our lounge knowing it was ours upon our return, and just felt it was wonderful.

My only complaint is the need to be in line in the morning to reserve your spot...no pre-reservations or bookings allowed. The sea days were crowded, but there was only one day we did not get in. Port days were very secluded.

I know there are those that prefer not to pay extra for the use of the sanctuary ($10 per person 1/2 day, $20 each for all day) but then there are those that will pay $100 for a massage on the cruise and most of us can get one for $40 or so back home...so it is a matter of what makes YOUR cruise experience best for you. HIGHLY recommend.

I do wish Princess would consider selling "full cruise" access and pre-bookings to the area for those that wanted to commit to use to have the priviledge to have a spot they desired. Seems if you are willing to pay upfront for an unlimited day pass, you should get first choice in selection without having to be in line at 7am.

Obviously, we cruise to TOTALLY unplug and relax.

I agree! I was surprised that Princess doers not offer this as an up front purchase. We were on Emerald Princess in Feb. & the area was almost empty. I think people don't want to 'wait and see' if they can get in so they don't even bother. Time will tell.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas how Princess will or should use the Sanctuary during the Baltic cruises this spring/summer? It will be chilly at times! I hope they keep it he same and have blankets and hot cocoa!

Archived