Transfers from Airport to Port

ilovetinks

For Princess Cruises, are transports from airport to ship included in the cruise price package or your airfare price (when booked through travel agent dealing with Princess)?

If not, how much does it approxiimately cost?

thanks!!

It is USUALLY a lot cheaper to book your own air separately than the cruise. You also have control over flight times when you book it yourself. Also, it is USUALLY cheaper to take a taxi than to use the ship's transfers.

Have fun planning!

It is USUALLY a lot cheaper to book your own air separately than the cruise. You also have control over flight times when you book it yourself.

I agree. We have a lot more latitude, especially if we are planning pre or post cruise stays.

Also, it is USUALLY cheaper to take a taxi than to use the ship's transfers. Have fun planning!

For US ports that is generally true. However there are some exceptions. Europe or British Isles for instance is very expensive arranging your own "convenient" transportation. Or the "cheap" alternative, like a train, can be really inconvenient.

For Princess Cruises, are transports from airport to ship included in the cruise price package or your airfare price (when booked through travel agent dealing with Princess)?

If not, how much does it approxiimately cost?

thanks!!

IF YOU ARE LEAVING FROM FT. LAUDERDALE THE COST IS --I BELIEVE-- $28 ROUND TRIP.....JUST ANOTHER EX. OF WHY DO YOU REALLY NEED A T.A......WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN GET THIS BASIC INFO.....AND BE A SMART TRAVELER---READ ALL THE INFO CONTAINED IN THE BOOKLET...ASK ANYONE....YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE TRANSFERS...

Thanks for all the info about the airport to port transfers. I had just assumed it was included (it was for our NCL cruise) but after I booked the room I was then told that the price didn't include transfers....grrr!!

Anyway, some of you said to book a flight seperately and I know it is cheaper, but here's my question/concern. If you book a flight not through the cruise company and it gets delayed cancelled then the ship will leave without you...right?

However, is it true that if the flight is booked through the cruise, and it gets cancelled/delayed...the ship has to wait or make other arrangements for you to catch the boat? Am I wrong in thinking this is correct? :confused:

Our budget doesn't allow for staying anywhere pre/post cruise (hotel) so we'd have to leave on a flight the same day we board the ship.

Thanks!!

Thanks for all the info about the airport to port transfers. I had just assumed it was included (it was for our NCL cruise) but after I booked the room I was then told that the price didn't include transfers....grrr!!

Anyway, some of you said to book a flight seperately and I know it is cheaper, but here's my question/concern. If you book a flight not through the cruise company and it gets delayed cancelled then the ship will leave without you...right?

However, is it true that if the flight is booked through the cruise, and it gets cancelled/delayed...the ship has to wait or make other arrangements for you to catch the boat? Am I wrong in thinking this is correct? :confused:

Our budget doesn't allow for staying anywhere pre/post cruise (hotel) so we'd have to leave on a flight the same day we board the ship.

Thanks!!

you don't mention where you live....let's use new york city as an example.......the cruise line will charge you $400-450 for a round trip ticket to miami--PER PERSON.....if you are like most people--you booked your cruise 9-12 months in advance......if it is for 2 people--the air fare is appox. an $800-900 add on to the cruise price.....we booked another cruise out of miami for nov. 2008....i did it on the internet---my cost...newark to miami...$164 per person on priceline.com...thats $328 round trip for 2....that's roughly $500 in savings.....a GOOD HOTEL, LIMO TO THE SHIP WITH DINNER AT A DECENT REST. IS LESS THE $500 YOU'LL SAVE...NOT TO MENTION ARRIVING A DAY EARLIER AND ENJOYING MIAMI......I DON'T WANT TO SOUND HARD.....BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO DO YOUR HOME WORK BEFORE YOUR NEXT TRIP....I'M AFRAID TO SEE THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR YOUR CRUISE........BECAUSE PRINCESS IS ONE OF THE MORE COSTLY CRUISE LINES.....LET US KNOW HOW THINGS TURNOUT...HAVE A GOOD TRIP.

Thanks for the info....I know the flights can be cheaper...we just booked a flight to orlando for next to nothing (for another trip). We fly out of Detroit. Current quote for airfare is about $575 pp. from the cruiseline which I know is way more than it should be....again though my concern, esp. for cruising in winter months is our flight getting cancelled/delayed due to weather and we haven't booked our airfare through the cruiseline.

I think the price we paid for the cruise was good. I did search the internet and found the cheapest price, which my T.A. price matched. We did this for our NCL cruise too and saved alot by going to discount cruise line websites and then getting it price matched.

Thanks again!

Transfers are not include in the cost of the cruise or Princess cruise air. Price will depend on the distance from the ship to the airport (or vice versa).

Wrong answer, they are included with Princess air. One must keep in mind that the TA arranged flight may not be through the cruise line.

Thanks for the info....I know the flights can be cheaper...we just booked a flight to orlando for next to nothing (for another trip). We fly out of Detroit. Current quote for airfare is about $575 pp. from the cruiseline which I know is way more than it should be....again though my concern, esp. for cruising in winter months is our flight getting cancelled/delayed due to weather and we haven't booked our airfare through the cruiseline.

I think the price we paid for the cruise was good. I did search the internet and found the cheapest price, which my T.A. price matched. We did this for our NCL cruise too and saved alot by going to discount cruise line websites and then getting it price matched.

Thanks again!

AGAIN---BOOK YOUR OWN FLIGHTS AND FLY DOWN A DAY EARLIER......DON'T SAY YOU CAN'T GET THE EXTRA DAY OFF----WITH PLANNING YOU CAN DO ANYTHINGicon7.gif

Archived