Recommdations for Beach in Cozumel?

Atlanta CruzNut

When we were there last year it cost us $20 for 5 of us from the pier. It took less than 15 mins. We had a wonderful time and the food is great. It would be great for families, as there is a lot to do. Go to the Cozumel boards for more info.

Paradise beach can't be beat! About 10 minutes from the International (RCCL) pier and the last time (July) it was $13 cab fare for the two of us. Dozens of taxis waiting for the return trip so no worries there.

How much was the cab getting to Paradise Beach? How far was it from the pier?

I believe Paridise is just before Playa mia. I've been to both and if I remember right, you can see Paridise beach from Playa mia. The upside of Paridise is that it's free admission, but you have to pay for your food. ( not a big deal to most) Playa mia has some good all inclusive prices, which includes alcohol drinks also. Both beaches we really nice with warm,clear water. Can't go wrong with either one!

:confused: Why in the heck is choosing a beach in Coz so difficult?!?! I guess it's because there are so many to choose form. Just when I think I have decided on a beach for our Nov vacation I change my mind. I think Paradise sounds great for my 4 boys BUT it seems kind of small & crowded. ALSO my Mom will be w/ us (69) & I'm not sure if she'd be content w/ Paradise Beach. AND I would like to snorkel!!! AAACKKK!!

Would a 69 yr old woman be ok w/ time at Paradise?

PS: I'm trying to find a beach that's free since we'll spend a lot of our day renting a car & seeing the whole island. Therefore, Chank is probably out ... maybe ... for now ... until I change my mind again.

Is Paradise Beach the one with the loud music and the big water toys out front? Iceberg or something?? Trying to place it..

Not sure about the loud music part, but they do have the water toys. I think the loud music is at Playa Mia.

I'm going to Cozumel next week. Do you think Paradise Beach or Playa Mia is going to be too crowded with spring breakers?

Yes. If I were going next week, I would head north of town to Coral Princess. There is a great swim-up bar. The snorkeling is good, but be warned that you will not be able to touch the bottom. (So you'll need to be a good swimmer/finner.)

D.

Yes. If I were going next week, I would head north of town to Coral Princess. There is a great swim-up bar. The snorkeling is good, but be warned that you will not be able to touch the bottom. (So you'll need to be a good swimmer/finner.)

D.

I disagree, alot depends on what day they arrive, ships in port etc. The port captain has recently reduced the number of ships allowed to 8, but that is normally on wednesday.

If your ship goes to Passion Island, it is the best! It is where the beer commercials are filmed. They only allow a certain number of people on the island. They wait on you hand and foot. All the food and drink you can have. This food is really good and FLY FREE! The water is wonderful, there are beach games, very few shops, massage on the beach, wonderful hammicks to sit in. The worst part of the day, leaving!

Cathy

Archived