Recommdations for Beach in Cozumel?

Atlanta CruzNut

We were at Paradise Beach last week and loved it ! Lots of lounge chairs and umbrella's if you wanted to get out of the sun for a bit or you could go sit in covered area by the bar. The only time the lounge chairs seemed to be full was between noon and 1 pm but other than that we always saw empty loungers. Our waiter Erick was always around to get us anything that we needed but certainly wasn't trying to push us to purchase more drinks or food other than anything that we actually wanted to purchase. We didn't find it to feel crowded at all and completely enjoyed our relaxing day there. Nice bathrooms and changing area. Taxi was $15 from Punta Logosta Pier and lots of taxi's waiting to take you back to town and/or pier. $10 to purchase bracelet if you wanted to use all the water toys. When we return to Cozumel we will definately go back to Paradise Beach again :)

:confused: Why in the heck is choosing a beach in Coz so difficult?!?! I guess it's because there are so many to choose form. Just when I think I have decided on a beach for our Nov vacation I change my mind. I think Paradise sounds great for my 4 boys BUT it seems kind of small & crowded. ALSO my Mom will be w/ us (69) & I'm not sure if she'd be content w/ Paradise Beach. AND I would like to snorkel!!! AAACKKK!!

Would a 69 yr old woman be ok w/ time at Paradise?

PS: I'm trying to find a beach that's free since we'll spend a lot of our day renting a car & seeing the whole island. Therefore, Chank is probably out ... maybe ... for now ... until I change my mind again.

Last year we met a couple who were in their seventies and they just loved Paradise Beach.

we (me, DH, DD10, DD7) were at Nachi Cocum 2 weeks ago. Loved it! They limit the number of guests so it's not crowded at all. One price gets you food, drinks (both alochol and non) chairs, palapas. Bring a towel and suncreen! they have a pool and hot tub, swim up bar. there are guys that can arrange snorkeling, parasailing for an additional price. we really liked this beach. very clean. food was great. it was about a 10-15 taxi ride from the ship terminal. $15 each way. this is a very quiet, laid back relaxing beach. we all really liked it.

we (me, DH, DD10, DD7) were at Nachi Cocum 2 weeks ago. Loved it! They limit the number of guests so it's not crowded at all. One price gets you food, drinks (both alochol and non) chairs, palapas. Bring a towel and suncreen! they have a pool and hot tub, swim up bar. there are guys that can arrange snorkeling, parasailing for an additional price. we really liked this beach. very clean. food was great. it was about a 10-15 taxi ride from the ship terminal. $15 each way. this is a very quiet, laid back relaxing beach. we all really liked it.

Did you Book this ahead of time?

Did they have the Buffet or did they have you order off of the menu?

Did you Book this ahead of time?

Did they have the Buffet or did they have you order off of the menu?

Yes you have to pre book nachi. cozumelcruiseexcursions.com No its not buffet, you order off of a menu.

Just got back this a.m. from cruise & went to Paradise Beach on Friday. We had over 300 spring breakers on the cruise & I don't think I saw any of them at PB. The food was SPECTACULAR, the view was awesome, & with 5 ships in port, there were PLENTY of chairs. We walked back & forth to San Francisco beach b/c my son (5) loved swimming in their pool. The atmosphere & food, though, in my opinion, was MUCH better at Paradise Beach. It was really windy the day we were there, so there were no water toys or anything. That was a disappointment to my son, but we still had a blast.

Debbie

I have had some fun times at PB but just to throw a throw a new one in there.... we spent a great day at Chen Rio beach on the other side of the island the last time we were there. It is not a fancy place or anything. It has a restaurant with some tables set up under palapas but the best part was it felt like we were the only ones there for the longest time. It was just a different atmosphere, more relaxed and low key. One of the best days we have ever had.

I have had some fun times at PB but just to throw a throw a new one in there.... we spent a great day at Chen Rio beach on the other side of the island the last time we were there. It is not a fancy place or anything. It has a restaurant with some tables set up under palapas but the best part was it felt like we were the only ones there for the longest time. It was just a different atmosphere, more relaxed and low key. One of the best days we have ever had.

Glad to hear good things about Chen Rio too. That's our tentative plan ... rent a car, quick visit at San Gervasio, drive down east coast (stopping at Chen Rio for a dip) & then end up at a free beach on the other side. Looks like Paradise Beach is the front-runner right now.

Did you visit the restaurant at Chen Rio? I am a vegetarian & I'm worried about feeding myself the day we're in Coz. Do they serve any tortillas, nachos, ANYTHING w/out meat or fish or poultry??

Just got back this a.m. from cruise & went to Paradise Beach on Friday. We had over 300 spring breakers on the cruise & I don't think I saw any of them at PB. The food was SPECTACULAR, the view was awesome, & with 5 ships in port, there were PLENTY of chairs. We walked back & forth to San Francisco beach b/c my son (5) loved swimming in their pool. The atmosphere & food, though, in my opinion, was MUCH better at Paradise Beach. It was really windy the day we were there, so there were no water toys or anything. That was a disappointment to my son, but we still had a blast.

Debbie

Sorry...got Passion Island and Paradise beach confused...disregard this question/post

Just curious...I thought Paradise Island is just that, an Island? :confused: How did you go back and forth to San Fran. Beach? Also, do you know if they limit the number of people that go there? I have read mixed reviews on that. How's the snorkeling there? And how far is it from where ship docks? Thanks...sorry for all the questions :o

I also was looking at Isle Passion or Passion Isle, and got some info for next cruise, it looks really amazing.... AI, food and drinks... have done PB might try something different this time, since Passion Isle looks so relaxing, and the water so calm, cool.... and everything looks so clean and the hammocks awwwww so relaxing and that is one thing I am looking for this cruise.... Anyone care to meet me there.... :p :p ...just let me know and I will send some info...

Tina

Just curious...I thought Paradise Island is just that, an Island? :confused: How did you go back and forth to San Fran. Beach? Also, do you know if they limit the number of people that go there? I have read mixed reviews on that. How's the snorkeling there? And how far is it from where ship docks? Thanks...sorry for all the questions :o

I believe it's NOT Paradise Island ... it's Paradise Beach & it's one of the many beaches along the western coast of Coz.

Archived