Kids on Costa

Lurontravel

Costa has it's Squok Club for kids. Our family has sailed with both Costa and Carnival and the Carnival kids club is a little better than the Squok Club. Carnival's hours were better for us as well. The Squok club's hours of operation were, for lack of a better word, "European." They opened later in the morning than Carnival and re-opened later after dinner. The Squok club does keep late night hours similar to Carnival. It becomes a paid baby sitting service after a certain time. I think it's 10pm. The Carnival kids club seemed to have more technology than the Squok club. The Squok club does allow kids to earn points all week through various competitions. At the end of the week they turn in the points for prizes. The prizes are nothing special, but the kids sure like them. All that being said, we will be sailing with Costa again this Spring in a few weeks (March 30 on the Costa Fortuna) with our 10 year old and 8 year old children. I am sure our children will want to spend a fair amount of time at the Squok club (and on the waterslide), especially on sea days. There will be a Squok club organizational meeting for kids and parents on either day one or day two of your cruise. Be sure to attend that meeting. Bon Voyage.

We were on the Med in feb., 2008. We have 5 and 7 year old boys. They loved the Sqouk club. They begged us to go most nights. They both had taken thier suits as they wanted to dress up for the formal evenings, but asked to go to the kids only dinners on those nights. The club was open every day from 9-12, 3-6, 9-11:30 NO CHARGE. on the special dinner nights they were open from 5:30-11:30. They played games, got thier faces painted all the time, pirate hats, hooks, eye patches, and halloween costumes etc. They earned sqouker bucks and at the end of the week got to purchase things with them. Some of the kids had lots of money because thier parents dropped the off every time the club was open. Our kids only went one morning because they asked and one afternoon because they got to paint thier own T-shirt. Thy were able to buy each a ball cap, wallet, mouse pad, cd case, teddy bear key chain, sqouk key chain and a few other small things. I think that is pretty genorous. I hope that answers some of your questions. Any others ask away.

They were only oper untill 11:30. They might be open later depending on the number of kids.

Nope, not open later.

If you're going on a cruise for a good kids club, Costa is not for your family. Check out Disney or Carnival instead.

My boys found the activities to be pitiful, but they made friends the first day and spent the rest of the cruise hanging out with them.

I have two boys 8 and 10 now. They have been on two Costa Cruises and partcipated in the Squak Club. The first year they did not enjoy it as much as other cruise lines. Last year, on the Magica they loved it. The hours are different from other ships but we were happy with it. We thought the hours were late compared to NCL They take the kids to the disco every night for a themed party. We feel for the money we saved on the kids sail free program that Costa is a great deal for the money. Do other ships have different things yeah, but nothing we or the boys could not live without. As they get older I do see Costa loosing it appeal to the boys as the teenage stuff does not seem to have much.

Archived