Can I hold a room with princess and transfer to my TA?

icecreammama

I'm already booked with a TA and final payment has been made. A cabin recently opened up that I desperately want. Can't get in touch with TA right now. Question is Can I reserve this cabin with Princess in the morning and transfer it when I get in touch with my TA. Will princess hold a room without a deposit. Thanks

I'm already booked with a TA and final payment has been made. A cabin recently opened up that I desperately want. Can't get in touch with TA right now. Question is Can I reserve this cabin with Princess in the morning and transfer it when I get in touch with my TA. Will princess hold a room without a deposit. Thanks
Princess will hold a room for 24 hours just based on a phone call.

Don't know if you could transfer it to the TA without booking it first. Being on hold, the TA may not have access to it...

Also if you have made final payment, then the deal on that other cabin is sealed, isn't it?

I know if you are willing to pay the price, even after final payment you can upgrade your stateroom to a higher category.

Sorry, can't help you with the answer to whether Princess will hold the cabin for you until your TA can grab it up, never tried that before. Best of luck though!

Let me understand. You have Cabin A that has been paid for. To "reserve" Cabin B with Princess in the morning you would be expected to make the full payment for it. Now you have two cabins. Then when you cancel Cabin A you will have a large penalty.

I think what you are trying to do is transfer / upgrade your reservation from Cabin A to Cabin B. Princess will tell you to go through your TA when you call in the morning. You can try to see if Princess will put a 24 hr hold on Cabin B so you can work it with your TA, but my suggestion is get with your TA ASAP.

So, what happened??:confused:

Did you call Princess for a hold? Inquiring minds want to know.

I called Princess this morning and put a hold on the cabin I want. They said they will hold it with no deposit until tomorrow, 10:00 PM. Meanwhile, got in touch with TA said she would call me back and so far have not heard from her. She was out sick or something so I guess she was backed up. Naturally, I want to see what kind of price she can get me. If it is too high, I'll just leave my room as is and the booking will just cancel itself out tomorrow. Let you know what happens tomorrow when I speak to her. I'm assuming that if she gives me a price that I accept, I will call Princess, cancel the room, then she will call and rebook it.

. I'm assuming that if she gives me a price that I accept, I will call Princess, cancel the room, then she will call and rebook it.

If she gives you a price that you like, she will call Princess and take over the booking. You don't need to cancel it with Princess. They may or may not want you to confirm it, but most likely you won't have to do anything. Good luck. Hope the price is right.

Pia

I'm assuming that if she gives me a price that I accept, I will call Princess, cancel the room, then she will call and rebook it.
Don't cancel the cabin; your TA can pick up the booking. If you cancel the cabin, it goes back into inventory and you may lose it between the time you cancel and your TA calls to book it so stick with the booking and let your TA handle it.

Archived