La Candela Cafe

sixgun8

OK, there is a little cafe back off the strip there a few blocks. It is a Cuban/Mexican joint. The food is great! But the chips and dip are unbelievable. I don't know what the dip was, it looked like your typical velveeta/salsa mix, but when you tasted it an explosion of flavor hit your mouth. It was a limey flavor to it with some garlic and paprika. maybe some onion. This is all I could visably see or taste, but I would love to duplicate this dip. The owner wont tell. Anyone figure it out??

The owners of La Candela used to work for La Choza. The sauce is their version of the La Choza sauce. It's supposed to be different, that was their agreement with the La Choza owners, but frankly, it's pretty close. Maybe a bit more vinegar in the La Candela sauce.

Anyway, here's a link to the La Choza sauce which someone figured out.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=107&topic_id=2806&mode=full

Enjoy!

Sally

Barefoot in Cozumel

Holy Rusted Metal Batman!! I just made a batch and while it was right in consistency and color, that was one HOT son of a gun!! I really think it would have taken off chrome!!

While I didn't count the peppers I put in there, i didn't think I put more than the suggested amount. I may have to try another batch in a few weeks with about 5 peppers.

Holy Rusted Metal Batman!! I just made a batch and while it was right in consistency and color, that was one HOT son of a gun!! I really think it would have taken off chrome!!

While I didn't count the peppers I put in there, i didn't think I put more than the suggested amount. I may have to try another batch in a few weeks with about 5 peppers.

Lmao, omg now that is funny thanks for the laugh, even had to wipe down my desk. Hope you recover quickly, and as Sally says remove the seeds. :D

I DID remove the seeds! LOL

I must have used more than the 20 i suppose. LOL Man I cut this stuff down with Tomatos, Ranch dressing, sour cream. Now it resembles the Le Candela sauce only in color. LOL But it isn't bad now.

Archived