Dawn Deck 10 BA Aft Balconies 10730 and 10230

Preds

Has anyone ever stayed in the BA Balconies on Deck 10 aft on the Dawn? Specifically cabins 10730 and 10230?

I just held both for a Feb 09 cruise.

Looking at the deck plans, the balconies on deck 10 aft look slightly larger, yet in talking with NCL, the agent told me that the balconies for those 2 cabins are significantly larger... 137 sq ft to be exact! Is that correct?

She told me the balconies on deck 9 and 8 were only 37 sq ft. I realize the deck 10 are likely larger (the deck plans show it), but 100 sq ft? Does anyone have experience with these cabins?

Also, it looks like these aft cabins are right under the spa, specifically the treadmills. Does anyone have any negative experiences with noise from the spa?

Finally, how is the motion on the Dawn. I know the Spirit vibrates a ton aft, but the Dawn is a much larger ship. Is vibration an issue?

I have 10230 in June! And yes it is bigger. I haven't been on it yet, but I've seen the pictures. Someone will post them I'm sure.

Cool, I'll look forward to a follow up from you as well in a few months! ;)

We were in 10726 last week and loved it. The balcony was much larger than we are used to. Being under the spa/gym was perfect and we got no noise whatsover. Few people use the gym during the night or early morning hours. I was concerned about the possibility of added movement since we were at the back of the ship but my husband and I both found it to be a non-issue. The other couple that we traveled with with in a forward cabin and one really felt the motion more because of the "cutting" into the water. The only time we noticed vibaration and engine noise was when we were arrving in Miami. Enjoy your fantastic cabin!

We were in 10230 last Feb. on the Dawn. The balcony was huge. We were under the spa and every morning we'd hear noise. It sounded like someone in high heels moving the wooden lounge chairs around. I assumed it was one of the women who worked in the spa. My husband did call after a few days and they insisted there was nobody up there. Who knows? It could have been something else. It didn't ruin my cruise or anything. The balcony and view of the wake made up for it. Also, you'll get the smell of the pound cake baking up there. Yummy. It was loud out on the balcony. I think there was an air vent, which is probably where the smell of the poundcake came from. You definitely feel the movement in the back of the ship more than midship, but to me it wasn't a big deal. We'd get some vibrations once in a while, but not anything serious. We loved that cabin and really enjoyed sitting out there looking at the wake.

We were in 10726 last week and loved it. The balcony was much larger than we are used to. Being under the spa/gym was perfect and we got no noise whatsover. Few people use the gym during the night or early morning hours. I was concerned about the possibility of added movement since we were at the back of the ship but my husband and I both found it to be a non-issue. The other couple that we traveled with with in a forward cabin and one really felt the motion more because of the "cutting" into the water. The only time we noticed vibaration and engine noise was when we were arrving in Miami. Enjoy your fantastic cabin!

Were you on the dawn? The gym shouldn't be a problem on the Dawn since it is on Deck 12, the spa is on deck 11.

Archived