New here - sorry if ?s are stupid/silly!

We're going on our first cruise this month on RC - couple of quick questions...

1) Is the food on formal night better than the food on regular nights?

2) Do the ships ever get cold from the a/c? Should I pack something heavier in case for this reason?

3) Are there mini-fridges in the room? We have an interior room if that makes a difference...

I'm sorry if these questions are asked over and over - I promise I'm not a troll. :)

Not a great deal better, just somewhat better.

2) Do the ships ever get cold from the a/c? Should I pack something heavier in case for this reason?

Yes, they can. I particularly notice thsi in the theater. Sometimes the main dining room and the Windjammer can be chilly.

3) Are there mini-fridges in the room? We have an interior room if that makes a difference...

I don't know about inside rooms. Might depend on the ship.

I'm sorry if these questions are asked over and over - I promise I'm not a troll. :)

No problem.

You usually have lobster on the last formal night.

Some people get cold on the ship, I don't. There is a great $10 Pashmina knockoff in the shops on the ship - all kinds of beautiful colors. You could buy one of those if you get cold.

Refrigerators - most are not very cold. You will have an ice bucket in your cabin to help chill your drinks.

Have a great cruise!

1. I think the food in the dining room is good every night! Obviously, some dishes are better than others. Lobster (if you are on cruise that serves it) is usually on one of the formal nights.

2. Some areas can be a little chilly in the evening.

3. All rooms have the mini-fridges on Voyager class ships and above. Not sure about the others.

Have a great cruise! :D

You usually have lobster on the last formal night.

Some people get cold on the ship, I don't. There is a great $10 Pashmina knockoff in the shops on the ship - all kinds of beautiful colors. You could buy one of those if you get cold.

Refrigerators - most are not very cold. You will have an ice bucket in your cabin to help chill your drinks.

Have a great cruise!

Actually I've read that the lobster has been moved to the day after the second formal night. Not that it matters to me as I don't like it anyway :)

I would also ask what ship? However, as far as the food is concerned I do think that they have a more upscale menu on the first formal night. Usually first formal night is some really nice beef filet and second varies- at least that has been my experience on the ships I've been on.

I always bring a sweater or something to get warm in just in case the ac is cranked up and I'm cool. If you have an ice show it will be cold IMHO.

I cannot speak to the fridge in an interior - sorry.

Nope, you do NOT have stupid questions..those of us (me!) going on our first cruises have the exact questions you have posed. Do you possibly have a "pashmina" (wrap) or shawl or something similar you could use in the dining room if it's chilly (a possibility, I'm told); I would check with RC to see if there are frigs in the rooms (that should maybe be on their web site?)..if not, call their 800 number (ship's services dept.); I've heard varying reports on the food on formal nights...some say no difference, but then, I've seen talk of lobster on "one" of the formal nights?? I'm sure there's a place on RC's web site for you to pose questions and/or an email to send and ask questions. Please don't feel hesitant to ask questions...we've all gone on our first cruise and had lots of questions! On the RC web site, there's a "customer support" link at the top drop-down menu. I would not be hesitant to float them an email with your questions (temp/frigs/food on formal nights). You might also check on THIS web site..there are various links such as "first time cruisers: http://www.cruisecritic.com/ftc/

There's also a packing list available (when the "search" function of the CC site comes back up). NO question is dumb...we've all been there. Have a great time! Do a little investigation on the RC web site and on the CC boards...you will find a wealth of info. :)

Yes, If your ship has an ice skating rink & you go in to see the shows....It gets very cold in there, especially if you go in with something sleeveless on. They sell those large wrap/shawls in all colors for only ten dollars in the gift shop if you need one. :)

The main reason for my post is to say that you have to bring long pants if you want to skate during the public skating session.

Archived