Docking @ Samana - What to do

ltlfeat

After reading thru the multitude of reresponses I am totally confused as to what to do for the day. We live in Fla. so beach is not high on the list.

Please advise as we are not into the typical touristy traps.

Thanks to all.

ltlfeat

Even though you live in Florida, if I was you, I'd go to Playa Rincon. The beach is absolutely beautiful!! You can have lunch right there and even pick the fish you want them to cook for you, out of a cooler that they just caught that morning. We bought a package from Casa Dorado, their website is: http://www.casadorado.com

If you can get 10 people to go, it is only $32 per person. We just had 4 of us and split it, still a bargain for what the cruise ship charges for excursions. There's not much to do in Samana, so this is a nice alternative for this port.

itlfeat,

If you are interested in Playa Rincon, let us know. We have four in our group, and by the time I realized that cruisecritic had a group going there, they didn't have enough room for 4. How many are in your group? I saw a post on our thread about lobster and shrimp on the beach, too, at Playa Rincon. I think the total cost was $210 or $230 for a group of 8-10. If we each have a group of 4, we could split that down the middle and only pay $105 to $115 for each group of 4 (+tips). Just a thought - let me know if you are interested, and I'll try to get in contact with CasaDorado again. Thanks,

Debbie

Yes, we have a group of 8 right now. If you get a group that's more than 4 they could always overflow to ours. I'll keep my eyes open so we can get at least 2 more for you. It would be perfect to end up with 2 groups of 10 - and cheaper for us all!

Debbie

Archived