Paying for marriage license

Ok, so I got my paperwork from TWE today. I'm getting married in Miami before Victory leaves on May 18.

Question is this... Can I get my marriage license myself through the mail??

TWE says to send two checks one to the county clerk and one to "hotel operations" which I can only assume means Carnival. The one to carnival is 75.00 I don't want them to make money on that particular part of the wedding becuase it seems like a ripoff. If I HAVE to pay it I will (it was an expected cost) but if I can spend 75 more on drinks on the cruise I would like to.

HELP!!

I believe you can get it through the mail since FL does not have strict rules like other states but I believe the cost is close to $100.00. If TWE or Carnival obtains the license for you, they will charge you a processing fee since they are doing the leg work for you. I would search the internet for answers or call the county clerks office. Good luck!

I know when I talked to TWE about my wedding on the NCL Gem-I was told I could obtain my own marriage license. TWE charges almost $100 to obtain one for you. I had thoughts on doing it myself but I caved in and paid the money to be on the safe side.

Thanks everyone. I've been searching, I can't find a way to get it straight from FL and all the other online sites offering it via mail are WAY more than TWE, so I guess I'll just pay them and be safe!!

We just got our license this morning. We are FL residents, and we did NOT take a premarital counseling course (which would qualify you for a discount of I think around $60.00) It came to like $98.00. So they do not charge that much more than the Clerk of Courts (which is where we went). Could be worth the extra legwork, because the license is not valid until the THIRD day after it is issued, so if you are out of state you would have to come in 3 days before the ceremony to ensure the license would be valid.

well we live in MI, so no option there. We can't be there for three days. They say the fee is 93.50 for the license. Then another 75 to "hotel operations" But I can't find a place to get a license DIRECTLY from miami-dade county. It seems if it's by mail, it's not possible.

When you aren't a FL resident the 3 days waiting is waived.

well we live in MI, so no option there. We can't be there for three days. They say the fee is 93.50 for the license. Then another 75 to "hotel operations" But I can't find a place to get a license DIRECTLY from miami-dade county. It seems if it's by mail, it's not possible.

When you aren't a FL resident the 3 days waiting is waived.

You are right. If you are not a FL Resident the pre-marital counseling requirement and/or 3 day waiting period is waived.

If FL Residents do not have the pre-marital counseling there is a higher fee and a 3 day waiting period (no waiting period with the counseling for FL Residents).

Archived