Platinum...how long?

rl2thnurse

Once you have become a platinum cruiser, do you get the perks for each cruise thereafter or is it only for your 10th cruise. I had never thought about it being a one time shot, but a friend asked me & made me wonder

Once you have become a platinum cruiser, do you get the perks for each cruise thereafter or is it only for your 10th cruise. I had never thought about it being a one time shot, but a friend asked me & made me wonder

10th cruise and on.

Fred

C'mon, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Once you have achieved platinum status, you remain in that status until you get to another level. That level, of course, is still up in the air, lol. Bottom line; once platinum, always platinum!!!!!!!!

I thought you would continue on as Platinum, but a friend who just came back from their first Platinum cruise asked if all the perks were just for that time & then you wait until your next level. It did make me wonder...look how many of us are at least at the Platinum level. If they allow all of us VIP embarkation & early debarkation, and they do ALL of our laundry, & take ALL of us on the special galley tours, & they give ALL of us $20 for the slot tournament, & spa treatments...it will get pretty crowded, don't you think?

Maybe we will all cruise at different times.

Although we had cruised more than 10 times with Carnival, our last cruise ( 2years ago) was the first time "Platinum" was offered. It was great & there was only one other couple on the ship at that time who had the benefit. That was great...but...ya-dah, ya-dah, ya-dah. See what I mean?

Yes there are lots of Platinum pax but based on my unscientific research... more pax are first timers than repeaters and many have not been on Carnival for ten or more cruises. There are always a lot of Red, White & Blue S&S cards. On Princess...they put your name on your cabin with your level....the highest level in the cabin ranks.... so if you are Platinum and your mate is not...you are still Platinum on your door. When you walk the passageways (nautical term?) you can see how many are (or are not) Platinum. Maybe next time I am on Princess I will walk the entire ship and count....but then maybe not.

C'mon, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Once you have achieved platinum status, you remain in that status until you get to another level. That level, of course, is still up in the air, lol. Bottom line; once platinum, always platinum!!!!!!!!

Harum is correct. On your 25th sailing, you become a Milestone Rewards Member with all the Platinum priviledges PLUS 25% of your cruise cost in On Board Credit. Your Platinum card has an additional insignia printed on it notating that you are a Milestones Reward Member.

On your 50th sailing, you get 50% of your cruise cost in OBC. On your 75th sailing, you get 75% of your cruise cost in OBC. On your 100th sailing, it is free.

There are some other "perks" in the works...... but these OBC are here now.

If you were past your 25th Carnival Cruise when this Milestone program was announced, you received a certificate to use on the sailing of your choice to get your 25%.

We are using one on our Legend's cruise in May.

Harum is correct. On your 25th sailing, you become a Milestone Rewards Member with all the Platinum priviledges PLUS 25% of your cruise cost in On Board Credit. Your Platinum card has an additional insignia printed on it notating that you are a Milestones Reward Member.

On your 50th sailing, you get 50% of your cruise cost in OBC. On your 75th sailing, you get 75% of your cruise cost in OBC. On your 100th sailing, it is free.

There are some other "perks" in the works...... but these OBC are here now.

If you were past your 25th Carnival Cruise when this Milestone program was announced, you received a certificate to use on the sailing of your choice to get your 25%.

We are using one on our Legend's cruise in May.

I still like the idea of a black card or another color after 25 cruises. I hope to be at # 25 in 10 years. If all goes right my 3 kids will hit Platinum next year.

Archived