Confirmed Freestyle 2.0 debut date

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to post what the Freestyle 2.0 upgrades are for the America and I’m guessing you can expect the other ships to have the same general idea upgrades. The first freestyle 2.0 cruise on the Pride Of America is May 10th, 2008.

This isn’t a completed list but its a start and It’s quite nice.

-Welcome aboard glass of champagne for all guests no matter how big or small your cabin is!

-The Aloha Cafe buffet will become an action station restaurant.

-Food no longer prepared in the back and brought out.

Now the food will be cooked right in front of you at the

stations.

-Hosts in the Aloha Cafe eating the guests. More like a

Las Vegas style buffet where your seated.

-Table clothes on all the tables with flowers making the Aloha Cafe more upscale.

-New and improved menus. Multiple lobster nights in Liberty and Skyline main dining rooms and for the cold fruit soup from the international fleet..well your requests have been heard and they are coming!!! (I’m a big fan of these also so I’m happy for that!)

-Live lobster tank in the lobby outside East Meets West restaurant.

-Lazy J steakhouse open for breakfast and lunch for our suite guests.

-New bedding in all cabins.

-New linens

-New china in all the restaurants

These are just some of the upgrades but the best are the new improved menus.

-Hosts in the Aloha Cafe eating the guests.

Freudian slip? Sorry, but it gave me such a good laugh. Who knew that all it took was the loss of an S to get Hannibal Lechter on a cruise ship. :D

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to post what the Freestyle 2.0 upgrades are for the America and I’m guessing you can expect the other ships to have the same general idea upgrades. The first freestyle 2.0 cruise on the Pride Of America is May 10th, 2008.

This isn’t a completed list but its a start and It’s quite nice.

-Welcome aboard glass of champagne for all guests no matter how big or small your cabin is!

-The Aloha Cafe buffet will become an action station restaurant.

-Food no longer prepared in the back and brought out.

Now the food will be cooked right in front of you at the

stations.

-Hosts in the Aloha Cafe eating the guests. More like a

Las Vegas style buffet where your seated.

-Table clothes on all the tables with flowers making the Aloha Cafe more upscale.

-New and improved menus. Multiple lobster nights in Liberty and Skyline main dining rooms and for the cold fruit soup from the international fleet..well your requests have been heard and they are coming!!! (I’m a big fan of these also so I’m happy for that!)

-Live lobster tank in the lobby outside East Meets West restaurant.

-Lazy J steakhouse open for breakfast and lunch for our suite guests.

-New bedding in all cabins.

-New linens

-New china in all the restaurants

These are just some of the upgrades but the best are the new improved menus.

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on anything new you hear.

Haha sorry about that!! *seating the guests. :-)

I checked out your web site. Very nice!

I saw the picture of you when your were a little boy at the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I'm going there in april we will be sailing on the Gem Transatlantic. We will be taking a taxi to the train station and going to Pisa.

Ahhh. Chilled fruit soups :D :D !

The glass of champagne does nothing for me as we're not alcohol drinkers -- someone else can enjoy mine for me, if that's allowed. I'm also not a lobster lover, but realize that a lot of other cruisers will enjoy that change.

James, do you know if the menus on the POA will be the same as the rest of the international fleet going forward? If so, will you be able to post a copy of them in your blog once they're available?

We have friends that we cruised with on NCL 4 years ago who had a disappointing experience on the Dream in 2006 shortly after the prior menus that caused so much disappointment were put into place. Their disappointment with the food, combined with a bad experience with a shore excursion, caused them to switch to Princess. They want us to sail with them again next January, but he's refusing to give NCL another try and I have too many NCL points available to want to go on Princess. If I was able to show him the new menus, it might make a difference.

Thanks for all your wonderful information!

Ahhh. Chilled fruit soups :D :D !

The glass of champagne does nothing for me as we're not alcohol drinkers -- someone else can enjoy mine for me, if that's allowed. I'm also not a lobster lover, but realize that a lot of other cruisers will enjoy that change.

The glass of champagne does nothing for me either. I agree that alot of people will like the lobster change.

Hope to have you on one of our cruises, as I have JAMIE on the Bermuda cruise 4/27. This is one great guy to pair with your fun onboard. I was ready to do a Lector post to his slip, as it made me laugh & after a CPD funeral I needed it.

Freudian slip? Sorry, but it gave me such a good laugh. Who knew that all it took was the loss of an S to get Hannibal Lechter on a cruise ship. :D

My next cruise is May 3rd. Could I have the dubious honor of being on the last 1.0 cruise?

Fear not. I think only the Pride of America rolls out May 10th. It seems to be one of the first ones - other than the Jade.

ohioNCLcruiser said he'll post the dates of the other ships when he gets them.

Archived