Majesty question: reservations in reg dining rooms?

flashdog_1

I have read at least two recent reviews where the poster mentioned having made his reservations in Seven Seas and Four Seasons. I didn't think you COULD make reservations for the regular dining rooms.

My question, then, is: Is this just on Majesty where this is necessary? To me it defeats the freestyle concept.

From what I've read, Majesty is small, has only one surcharge restaurant (LeBistro), and one free, but reservations needed restaurant (Pasta). Is there some logistical reason reservations are necessary on Majesty in regular dining rooms? Thanks

On our last Cruise on The Majestry we ate in both the Le Bistro and the Pasta reataurant . Bistro was OK. Make sure you request an inside table as the room is small and they set up tales outside the main room

The Pasta restaurant was quite nice and while it has a limited menu that changes nightly we enjoyed it very much.

ENJOY

"reservations in the main dining room for 4" so it was concluded on that thread that it is ship sensitive. Most ships you do not make reservations in a main dining room except for large parties, but apparently on Majesty you do or can. I'd like to know if there is a choice or if you don't make a reservation if you have a long wait. Thanks

My question, then, is: Is this just on Majesty where this is necessary? To me it defeats the freestyle concept.

If you think it "defeats the freestyle concept" (as I do), then you shouldn't do it. It wasn't "necessary" on Majesty, that family just wanted to dine at that time and happened to enjoy that wait team the first night. Reservations for the main dining room are never "necessary." We've never made them and never had a problem dining at our time of choice.

I was on the Majesty a few weeks ago.

You could make reservations for all restaurants regardless of size of your group.

That cruise was very crowded and dinner each night went in one of these scenarios:

1) Get to the restaurant at like 4:30 and stand in line for an hour prior to the restaurant opening

2) Arrive between 5:40 and 7:30 and sit and wait for an hour to be seated

3) Arrive after 7:30 and get immediate seating

All three I would think you agree are not really with the point fo Freestyle. But as we who cruise the Majesty know, it was nout built for Freestyle.

I personally love the Majesty and am looking forward to my third cruise on her this fall. I fear it will be my last opportunity to cruise on her.

I was on the Majesty a few weeks ago.

You could make reservations for all restaurants regardless of size of your group.

That cruise was very crowded and dinner each night went in one of these scenarios:

1) Get to the restaurant at like 4:30 and stand in line for an hour prior to the restaurant opening

2) Arrive between 5:40 and 7:30 and sit and wait for an hour to be seated

3) Arrive after 7:30 and get immediate seating

All three I would think you agree are not really with the point fo Freestyle. But as we who cruise the Majesty know, it was nout built for Freestyle.

I personally love the Majesty and am looking forward to my third cruise on her this fall. I fear it will be my last opportunity to cruise on her.

Interesting post as you are telling people not to cruise on the Majesty if they don't like smoke with your eggs....would it of been better just to tell them to eat in the main dining room if they ddn't want to deal with the open deck smoke?

Archived