sending credit card number to confirm with Nativeway

H20life

Has anyone done any "recent" tours with Native Way? We are looking at doing thier Rays, Reef and Rum point tour...emailed 5 days ago...no word?

Payment...credit card info to hold...then pay in Cash...not sure how they do their booking payments?? :confused:

Please share your experience with us?

Pat :)

I recieved an email the other day sent June 2006:eek: , So it is possible that your email is in neverland. I booked with them for this December and it took a couple of days to hear back. I would just re-email.

Has anyone done any "recent" tours with Native Way? We are looking at doing thier Rays, Reef and Rum point tour...emailed 5 days ago...no word?

Payment...credit card info to hold...then pay in Cash...not sure how they do their booking payments?? :confused:

Please share your experience with us?

I agree; I would just re-email. Nativeway comes very highly recommended and is very professional, so it is possible that your email just got lost in the cosmos. I booked our August 7 RRR excursion back in April. I used the online booking form first and got no response after a few days. I got nervous because the excursion fills up quickly, so I emailed my information to the email address on their website and heard back within a day. Just be persistent, they have been very nice and professional so far; plus, those tours fill up quickly.

I faxed my credit card information to their secure site and have had no problems *knocks on wood*. Sounds a bit scary, but should be fine since I've heard of no others having problems. If you don't want to do that, I think you can phone in your credit card information. The credit card number holds your spots, and then you can pay in person by cash, traveler's check, credit card, etc. Paying with a credit card comes with a processing fee, so we just plan to pay in cash and then bring some cash on board for tips.

I hope you get the tour booked! Enjoy Grand Cayman!

These are awesome reviews and pictures. I have decided to use Nativeways after all the good things said on this thread and others I have read about them. I guess they are doing the right thing to get good business. Word of mouth is the best advertisment. Thanks to all of you. Taking the Legend on Oct. 5, 2008. Grand Caymen on Tuesday, October 7th, 2008.

Debbie

July 31, 2008

At first I had some trouble getting in touch with Native Way...3 emails...ended up using my second email address the last time...which got through! :)

Sharon "Telephoned" me this morning to apologize for the connection difficulties and to tell me she had emailled our reservation confirmation. :cool: So if you don't hear from them within a few days try a different email...fax or phone them and they will get back to you!

After receiving our reservation confirmation email with reservation number I phoned her back with our credit card number to guarantee our spots instead of faxing this information. I felt more comfortable giving her this information via the phone.

I'm thrilled that Sharon actually telephoned me to get this situation cleared up! We're "Booked" and I "Can't Wait" for our RRR tour!!! :D

We just got back from our liberty of the seas cruise and did rays reef and rum point with Nativeway. It was a great excursion. I e mailed my cc # in two seperate e mails so the whole number was not on one e mail. I will be checking to make sure there are no additional charges on my cc account. I paid cash for the excursion.

One thing that was great about this excursion was when we got to sting ray city, there were boats with loads of people and we only had 8 people on our tour!!!!! The guy went in the water with us and got the rays for us and we held them and kissed them (yuck) fed them and he even put it on our back for a back massage LOL...... other people from other tours were coming over to ours.

The best part of our excursion to us was the snorkeling at the reef!!! we saw alot of fish. Visiblity was very good.

Rum point was also nice. The lunch provided was great and the water was nice. No fish there though. At least when we were there unless we just didnt go out far enough. The water was very shallow and you could go out really far.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Jeanne

Jeanne

We are also booked with Native ways for a cruise in a couple of weeks. Did you feel rushed through the tour? My concern is that with 3 things to do on the agenda we will be rushed through to make the ships schedule.

Thanks for any info.

Tony

I have been on several Caribbean cruises and must say that the RRR tour with Nativeway is the BEST excursion I have ever been on. My wife and kids loved it just as much. I sent them my credit card and also wondered if this was safe....but I have now sent others that have either cruised or were in GC at the Ritz carlton to them. The three families that were at the Ritz for 10 days did the RRR on my urging and emailed me later that day saying it was the highlight of their trip.

When you see all the other boats with tons of people at Stingray City and you are on a boat of 12-18 people, you will know that you hit the jackpot. The one thing that scared me a bit was when there was a small shark during the snorkeling, so I swam back to the boat...but nobody else was phased by it.

We are probably going to spend 4 or 5 days in GC over XMas 2008 and I will definitely have them take me on another tour......

Hi Tony

I was wondering if we would have enough time on this excursion also. We had plenty of time at all 3 places, with rum point being the last stop. I think we were there for a good 1.5 hrs It was very relaxing to lay on the beach there. We had a nice lunch that they called in when we were done snorkeling at the reef. We had plenty of time at the reef to snorkel. the tour was 5 hrs and we got back to the ship with little time to shop, Maybe an hour at the most. We did manage to get to margaritaville to shop and then headed back to the port where we were tendering. There was a really long line to get back on the ship, so we went in the shops that are right there at the port. We were on Liberty of the Seas. There were only 2 ships in port the day we were there. What ship are you on?

This tour for us was very relaxing and not stressful. All 3 stops were very nice and I would book with Nativeway again, they were very professional and nice.

Jeanne

Thanks for the reply. I think we are going to stay with the plan and go for it. It sounds like a lot of fun and the family is looking forward to both stringrays and snorkeling.

We'll be on the Conquest next week.

Thanks again

We were on the July 27th Legend and did the RRR tour, it was awesome! They actually did not come around for payment until we were on the tour boat on the way back from the beach. We wound up keeping it on our credit card because we didn't want to carry around that much cash.

I can't say enough good things about the RRR tour with Nativeway Watersports. Everything was delivered as promised, and we were on a small boat with only about 25 passengers. Since I planned this shore excursion for the 4 of us, I got lots of praise and thank yous from my wife and our friends, which was great! We paid in cash on the boat trip back. The credit card is used simply to guarantee your reservation. You can pay with credit card, but there is a 4% processing fee. Don't forget cash for tips, because the tour guides really work hard for you!

Enjoy Cayman!

I felt a way sending my card details also as I was not required to do this in Jamiaca (the only other place we booked private) but all was fine and they had our booking on arrival. I woull highly recommend the Ray, Reef and Rum Point tour, my group ranged from age 13 to 68 and everyone had a great time although would have liked a little longer at Rum point but there are only so many hours on land. They were very friendly and had us laughing alot and being around the Rays was great.

I would recommend them to anyone wanting a private tour, tell them Frankie from Florida sent you :D .

Here's the link to their website.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tours.htm

We're booked for the RRR tour in Jan/09..can't wait!

Sharon is really a great person...I had trouble with my first 3 emails to them...didn't get any replies... so tried my second email address and got through. Sharon..."phoned" to thank me for my extra effort in making contact with them! :cool: I then booked on the phone with her.

So if you haven't heard back from her in a few days...try either another email address...or use their FAX or PHONE numbers listed on their website. (They book up fast.)

• 4 weeks later...
For those of you that have already been on this excursion, How much did you tip at the end?

From what I remember, we tipped $10 per tour guide. It might have been more, but certainly was not less. We had a terrific time and our guides were excellent!

Have FUN!

I booked with them for first week of october. How do you find them when you get off the boat.

We walked on to shore and found them in the plaza area where all the other outfitters and watersport companies hang out to try and get new, non-booked business, along with those like Nativeway that are there to meet their booked cruise guests. There was a guy in the plaza area with a "Nativeway" sign and he told us hang out in the general area where they were congregating the rest of our tour group. They brought a list of all booked guests for the day and did a roll call to make sure we were all there. They're terrific and I hope you have a great time!

I would also like to add my 2 cents concerning native way. we took her tour in august and it was THE BEST. the plan was to go to seven mile beach afterwards, but the tour finished too late. (not native ways fault, tour started late due to the members of our tour group not arriving at 10:00 meeting time) anyway after the tour (which was fabulous) the tour guide was going to take everyone back to the pier and my daughter was a little upset that we weren't going to seven mile beach. Sharon saw how disappointed she was so she took us personally in her car, left us there for an hour then came back and dropped us at the pier. seven mile beach is absolutely gorgeous!!! She wouldn't take any money for it!!! she really entertained us in the car with stories of her life and life in the cayman islands. (my kids still cant believe people in cayman eat turtle!!) she was an absolute delight and i wouldn't hesitate to book with her.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived