Carnival vs. Princess

2Oregonians

Both Carnival and Princess are owned by the same company, Carnival Corporation, right?

If you have previously cruised on Carnival and want to try Princess, can you get the "past guest" price when booking? Or does it have to be line specific?

Just curious.

Thanks!

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/home.asp

Make sure you read the fine print. ;)

Carribean Princess had a piano bar-it was in the centrum area-the problem was when we were on the CP is the singer-piano player was VERY popular and it was standing room only every time we tried to go there.

The Carribean Princess abbreviation is CB.

I'm "guessing" that you were on the CB when Bert Stratton was the singer-piano player? On our cruise he performed twice in one of the lounges besides every evening in the piano bar near Crooner's Bar. For some reason he's incredibly popular! We enjoyed seeing him once, but it wasn't a show I'd personally make an extra effort to see again. Many people are "Bert fanatics", but not us :) .

You would have had to show up about an hour before his show was scheduled to get a seat :eek: .

The Carribean Princess abbreviation is CB.

I'm "guessing" that you were on the CB when Bert Stratton was the singer-piano player? On our cruise he performed twice in one of the lounges besides every evening in the piano bar near Crooner's Bar. For some reason he's incredibly popular! We enjoyed seeing him once, but it wasn't a show I'd personally make an extra effort to see again. Many people are "Bert fanatics", but not us :) .

You would have had to show up about an hour before his show was scheduled to get a seat :eek: .

Tell me Plant who is the authority on abbrebiations? If I want to use CP I will.

My POINT was Princess ships and all other lines always have a piano bar.

No need for you to pick apart my post-since the abbreaviation has nothing to do with what I was posting.

BTW I also spell terribly and have been known to not clean up my typeos.

I have no idea if Bert Stratton was on the Caribbean Princess in October 2006 but he was on Celebrity Constellation In September 2007.

Gracious, I knew his name sounded familar. Hopefully he is not on HAL Westerdam next month as I would like to be able to enjoy the piano bar.

I guess I will need to book cruises in the future by the cruises he is NOT on.

Tell me Plant who is the authority on abbrebiations? If I want to use CP I will.

My POINT was Princess ships and all other lines always have a piano bar.

No need for you to pick apart my post-since the abbreaviation has nothing to do with what I was posting.

BTW I also spell terribly and have been known to not clean up my typeos.

I'm sorry that you feel that I "picked apart" your post.

You can use CP if you like, but it's not the Princess abbreviation for Caribbean Princess (they are the authority, not me). I just didn't want anyone confused about the ship on which Bert was performing.

The other part of my post was just info on who the piano player was on the Caribbean Princess in October of 2007, where he played, and that I wasn't overly impressed :rolleyes: .

BTW, I would never try to correct your (or anyone else's) spelling or typo's. My point was that Bert was not on the CP and it had nothing to do with spelling or typo's. (Unless you typed CP when you meant to type CB. In that case, I'm sorry for correcting your typo :o .)

Archived