Minimum age on ATV

eargal

I am thinking of booking an excursion while on Samana for the few of us in our group who are more adventurous. It would probably be me and my dad. My husband mom and kids would likely stay on the boat.

My question is in regard to the minimum age for the ATV excursion as a second rider. My dad is a very capible and active 62 y.o. with decades of experience on motorcycles. The NCL website does not state a minimum age for a second rider. I called to verify and was told there is no minimum age.

My son would love to ride on back of my dad's ATV. He is almost 7 and very big for his age. He has ridden on the back of ATV's, dirt bikes and motorcycles at home.

Would it be safe?

Why would there be a minimum age of 12 years for riders in the Jeep excursion and not the ATV?

Should I just leave him on the boat with his dad and grandma?

Thanks for any input.

DO IT! He will love it! We did this excursion and from our understanding there is no minimum age to ride one just a minimum age to drive one. Our son also grew up on ATV's and he will be going on our next cruise at he age of 12 and he will be riding with me on our next ATV excursion. It was so much fun, take him and he will thank you :D

I can't thank you enough for your response! I feel good knowing that someone who has done it that it is not inappropriate/unsafe for my son. He will be so excited!

I told my husband who is not the ATV type at all and he suggested they make it a guys day. I know my son will be thrilled to be out there with his dad and papa. I'm a little dissapointed to not go myself since it's right up my alley but it will be nice to have some one on one time with my daughter and let the boys have their fun.

Thanks again!

Shannon

I can't thank you enough for your response! I feel good knowing that someone who has done it that it is not inappropriate/unsafe for my son. He will be so excited!

I told my husband who is not the ATV type at all and he suggested they make it a guys day. I know my son will be thrilled to be out there with his dad and papa. I'm a little dissapointed to not go myself since it's right up my alley but it will be nice to have some one on one time with my daughter and let the boys have their fun.

Thanks again!

Shannon

Oh no problem at all :) . To bad you and your daughter can't go. It is so much fun. Your daughter could ride with you if that's an option (since I don't know her age not sure if this could work). I wanted to videotape on this excurion so I rode with my DH. Great fun! Make sure everyone has closed toed shoes on as it is required. Have fun on your cruise :D

Archived