Princess vs RCL with 16 & 14 yr old in Mediterranean

I was hoping someone could help me. We are planning a trip to the Mediterranean in Aug. I have picked an itenerary from each cruise line -Princess Emerald visits a few more ports than RCL Brillance. Other than that I'm trying to figure out which is better for the kids. Also is one ship nicer than the other? How do you all ever figure out which ship/cruise line to take? Not to mention that maybe August in the Mediterranean is not a good to go if it's blistering hot. How overwhelming!! Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced for any and all help!!

From what I have read on these boards, I think RCI is better for teens. (and I LOVE Princess!)

Med is going to be hot in August...this is when most Europeans take vacation because of the heat.

If available, read the reviews here for each of those ships/itineraries.

Try cruiseclues.com for very specific info on each ship.

Good luck! I can only hope we can afford to take our kids on a European cruise in a few years!

I was hoping someone could help me. We are planning a trip to the Mediterranean in Aug. I have picked an itenerary from each cruise line -Princess Emerald visits a few more ports than RCL Brillance.

If you have no preference for one line and the cruise is all the vacation you have I would pick the itinerary with less ports. This way you can fully enjoy the busy port days packed with sightseeing and new experiences and have some days inbetween to recover and let the exciting impressions sink in.

Also is one ship nicer than the other? How do you all ever figure out which ship/cruise line to take?

This is of course very much a question of taste and preferences. Read a lot and talk to many people.

What do you regard as a perfect cruise? Before you decision read ship reviews, look at photos and try to find the best match.

It will be much easier the second time :) once you know what you really liked and what you did not like. I found my favourite line while I was on a different cruise line' ship by talking to more experienced cruisers with the same style and the same complaints. Their recommendation proved to be right for me.

Archived