minimum occ. for family suite

What is the minimum number of people for the family suite? We were thinking of letting our daughter bring a friend so it would be two adults two children will that be enough? If not is there any other suite that has a door for the master bedroom?

If you mean, the Family Royal Suite...I think they say 5, but we had it once with only 3........you need to call RCCL to even see if it is available...they dont always have it showing as such..

What ship are you talking about??

What is the minimum number of people for the family suite? We were thinking of letting our daughter bring a friend so it would be two adults two children will that be enough? If not is there any other suite that has a door for the master bedroom?

I am not sure on the occupancy question, sorry. I think it might be a 5 person minimum, but don't quote me. As for suites with doors, the Royal suite has one, but obviously there is quite the price jump to stay in that room as compared to any other. Might I suggest looking into connecting staterooms. This way there is a door you can close (though not lock) and everyone gets a bed, rather than a sofa bed like many room categories that sleep 4 offer.

My post was intended as a bit of a joke (hence the wink). Like PH8 said calling the cruise line to look into whether they will let you book the room of your choice with 4 people is a great idea. Also, like the wise one above said if you let us know what ship you're considering we might be able to help you more. Different classes of ships have slightly different room configurations and options.

The normal minimum for the Royal Family Suite is 5 but sometimes once it gets close to sailing they will remove the minimums if they aren't booked.

There is no door in the Owner's Suite.

Don't assume that a connecting suite to another room will break the bank. For example, on the Radiance class (Radiance and Serenade) they have some junior suites that connect to regular balconies.

You should price all options instead of assuming that one will automatically be more expensive than the other.

thank you for all the information- do junior suites get any perks over regular cabins? I am sure they would not get the same as full suites correct? will the balconies open up to make one larger on if I did a connecting combination?

Again I am considering the raphsody, the radiance and the serenade. If there is no real benifit for getting a junior suite or suite I may just go for connecting cabins

thank you for all the information- do junior suites get any perks over regular cabins? I am sure they would not get the same as full suites correct? will the balconies open up to make one larger on if I did a connecting combination?

The only perks for the JS are extra space, a bathtub, and extra cruise credits. I don't believe the balconies will open up on either the Vision class or the Radiance class but somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Again I am considering the raphsody, the radiance and the serenade.

I'm guessing you are considering Alaska. I highly recommend choosing either the Radiance or Serenade over the Rhapsody. Radiance and Serenade have much better itineraries than Rhapsody AND they have a lot more perks and things to do on the ship (not that Rhapsody's bad, it's just the other ships are better).

Archived