suites with seperate bedroom (door)

honeydog714

we are considering taking our daughter and her friend with us on our next cruise, we prefer suites but certainly want a door between us and the girls, are there any suites on X that hold four but have a door not a curtain?

we are considering taking our daughter and her friend with us on our next cruise, we prefer suites but certainly want a door between us and the girls, are there any suites on X that hold four but have a door not a curtain?

No suites (that I know of) have curtains. On the "M" class (Millie, Connie, Summit, Infinity), you have the Celebrity Suite, but the disadvantage of this is that you have no balcony. Next up and also on the "C" class (Century, Galaxy, Mercury), you have the Royal and Penthouse Suites.

I think on the Solstice class they have Celebrity Suites with a separate bedroom and a balcony.

CS = Celebrity Suite

RS = Royal Suite

PH = Penthouse Suite

On Century Class ships (Century, Galaxy, Mercury) the Penthouse and Royal Suites have separate bedrooms with doors. On Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Summit, Constellation) the Penthouse, Royal and Celebrity Suites all have separate bedrooms with doors. Hope this helps.

Dave

you may also wish to take into account that the entrance to bathroom in CS is via the bedroom, in RS and PS it is not

not sure how old the two girls are but this may be relevant

also, the pull out couch is quite large enough for one but i would imagine it may be a little cozy for two

also as previously mentione CS has no balcony

last time we were in RS on lax/fll trip we slept on the balcony quite a few nights, it was great

These beds are across the board -awful-. Not sure how old the girls are but they may be much happier sleeping on the sofas themselves. In the RS, a couch and a love seat are in the living room.

Both were much more comfortable than the sofa bed- I kid you not it was horrible!

Or you two in a balcony and the girls across the hall in an inside.

I did this recently when I was traveling with my parents and it worked out great! They had a Sky Suite, and I had the inside across the hall. It was great to have my own bathroom and personal space, but I could hang out with them all I wanted and enjoy their balcony. It also cost less than booking a Royal Suite.

Hi, three families that were traveling in our group in 2006 on the Millennium for 12 nights in the Medit. had the Family View suites with teens and they liked them ALOT. The kids said the beds were comfortable. The frosted sliding glass door does not afford the privacy of a "real" door though.

My family opted for oceanview rooms that connected on our last cruise with our 3 boys. It was perrrrfect. While I'd love to have suites with balconies, wasn't in the budget for this trip. We were able to close the door at night and have the privacy my husband and I wanted ;) , but the proximity to keep tabs on the boys.

Whatever you do...with two girls, you want to have an arrangement with two bathrooms. Otherwise, getting ready for dinner...well you'd probably have to just send Dad to the Aquaspa, cause he wouldn't have a chance in the bathroom :D

Happy Planning!

Lynne

Celebrity has... in the past,

brought in a rollaway bed for the RS. One child on the sofa bed... and one on the rollaway bed.

One time, we also put the second child on the second couch. It wasn't a "sofa bed", but she was small and the Butler made the second sofa into a bed.

Archived