what to do with luggage in Fort Lauderdale??

waterbugohio

Parents are going on the Radiance this weekend. The will get back into Ft. Lauderdale and have until 8 PM until they have to be at the airport.

Any suggestions on what they can do or what they can do with their luggage all day??

Valet it off the ship. They won't have to touch it until they get home.

That sucks! Had the same problem, and will again after my cruise in april. Plane don't leave until 9:00:eek: They could always rent a car at the airport and do some Fort Laud. sightseeing and have dinner. Maybe the mall or even a movie. Almost anything beats sitting at the airport all those hours. Sorry I don't have any great solutions, but I do feel for them.

Also, don't know how or if it will work, but perhaps they can go stand by for an earlier flight.

Where can you rent a car?? Do you need to taxi to the airport just to rent a car or is there somehting closer to port??

We went to the airport to rent and it is very close, and about a 15$ cab ride. As far as the valet service, a couple of days into the cruise they had a form in the cabin with all the participating airlines and how to sign up. It is 20$ per person for two bags (have seen people say they combined the luggage)

ok, doesn't anyone have any suggestions for me tonight???

I would get a day pass at a beach front hotel, go swimming and relax have a early dinner/late lunch and go over to the airport. Call around I am sure many have them in the area.

check into rental car companies (look for a coupon code on-line) They will pick up at port.

(my sister and I did this in Miami a few yrs back. We rented a van, loaded luggage and kids and went for a drive to Miami Beach and to a local mall)

Then I dropped her, kids and all luggage at the airport, drove to the rental place, turned the van in and took their shuttle to the airport.

Another thought- Does RCCL offer tours in Ft Lauderdale that day? If so- they will secure luggage for you.

Parents are going on the Radiance this weekend. The will get back into Ft. Lauderdale and have until 8 PM until they have to be at the airport.

Any suggestions on what they can do or what they can do with their luggage all day??

Hi Waterbugohio :)

I had that problem on a recent cruise and this is what we did. The night before the cruise we stayed at a hotel that was near the airport and cruise terminal. At that time we explained our situation to them and asked if we could leave our luggage with them for a few hours after our cruise.

Since we have stayed at that hotel many times before a cruise, they were very nice and willing to comply with our request. So after the cruise, we took a cab to the hotel and left our luggage with them. Then when we were ready to go to the airport we picked up our luggage.

In Feb, our flight got canx because of snow in NE. We got rebooked on the last flight out but faced a very long day at the FLL airport. There is a place to check your luggage at $6.00 per bag. We used the one in the Delta terminal. They do close at 5:30pm so you will need to pickup by then. We found it very convenient even though we did not end up renting a car after all. Last minute rental was just too much $$$. We made the best of it walking around the terminals, having lunch at the airport Chilis and people watching. We were so happy when we finally boarded our 8:30 flight to BDL and the landing back home was something else! :eek:

Crosboro- how do you valet your luggage off the ship? Sounds like a great idea but would like some info on this please.

We were on the Radiance last Oct., and near the end of the cruise they left a form in our cabin that listed the airlines participating. Just filled it out, got valet tags for the luggage, left the luggage outside the cabin the last night, and prayed the bags would be at O'Hare when we were. Wifey figured we'd ever see them again, but there they were.

It was great for us, as we got into LAX by 10 am, were meeting my cousin's daughter for lunch, and weren't leaving until 4 pm.

I think it was $20 each, but don't really recall. I'm not good at details!!!!:p

Archived