DZ ruins and Merida too much?

LLLisa

I am travelling with my 82 year father who will need to rest (from walking) more than the average adult.

Would it be too ambitious to do both the Dzibilchaltun ruins/museum and a tour of Merida? Is there a driving tour of Merida?

We are there from 8:00am to 5:30pm

You could do both (we did,) but it might be too much for your father uness you hire a taxi at the pier for the day.

We took the public bus to Merida and walked around for a couple of hours (they did not have the tour bus when we were there) and then took a taxi to Dzibichaltun which waited for us and took us back to the pier. The taxi driver gave us a mini tour of Merida on our way out.

A guided tour of Dzibichaltun takes about 90 minutes. Can he walk/stand that long?

Its a 2 or 3 minute walk from the parking area to the entrance. Then a couple of minutes to the museuam. The path from the entrance area to the museum is gravel. I do not remember if they have seats in the museum.

Once you leave the museum, the actual site is fairly flat, but the two main pyramids are about a 10 minute walk from each other with no shade. After viewing the both, most people return to the entrance and exit through the store area (of course) which is about half way between the pyramids, but since my husband was in a wheel chair, our guide showed us how to get back to the parking lot directly from the 2nd pyramid.

DEL67 I'm glad to hear you did them both in one day. My dad does use a cane but standing 90 minutes would be too long.

Do you HAVE to take the guided tour in DZ or can you walk around on your own?

Yucatan Today--The Turibus sounds like a good idea but it sounds as though we have to do a lot of walking just to get to it. Do we?

Maybe we should just get a taxi for the day.

Archived