Mosquitos? Sand fleas?

flashdog_1

I know you can probably expect sand fleas (no see ums) but how is the mosquito situation in Bermuda? Is it like in the Caribbean witht the trade winds that you are not bothered by them? or should I come prepared with spray? Thanks

I know you can probably expect sand fleas (no see ums) but how is the mosquito situation in Bermuda? Is it like in the Caribbean with the trade winds that you are not bothered by them? or should I come prepared with spray? Thanks

Never saw any on our three trips;)

We don't have sand fleas. We do have mosquitoes but they aren't a problem. We don't have much in the way of naturally occuring habitat for mosquitoes to breed in. Also we have mosquito cops that check the island for man-made habitat like tires, disused water trofts, buckets - basically anything that can hold rainwater. Repeat offenders can end up with a pretty hefty fine or sometimes may be shot at sunset.

oh bdaguy--someone may actually believe you!!

no sand fleas or no see 'ums, and believe the tradewinds keep the mosquitos down. I could be wrong. I will check on bdaguy's details on the 'skeeter police!!

been to many places in the US and Caribbean and none compare to the beautiful beaches of Bermuda--bar none, the best I have ever enjoyed!!

don't worry about bug spray, but be sure you have your sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, aloe, camera & film or memory card--you could go broke getting these in Bermuda!!

Archived