Solo or single?

Cruisesquatch

I'm a single/solo cruiser and have only been on Carnival. It's very easy to meet people on the ship. I been on 2 cruises so far this year, the first my brother-in-law and niece went with me on a 7 day cruise and the second I went by myself on a 14 day transatlantic. I had a great time on both cruises. Just a word of advice, a transatlantic cruise is not for the faint of heart single/solo person. 95% of the boat is about retirement age. Luckily, within 2 or 3 days there were a group of 15 of us that met and became great friends. We are in the process of choosing a cruise to go on next year. In any event, I just booked a 4 day cruise yesturday that's leaving on Tuesday and am going by myself.

Hi, It is funny to read some of the postings on here about being stuck with the over 60 crowd, usually I read about people stuck with children. It is a nice change. I am a single parent and have thought about single/solo cruising. The two cruises I went on had one singles get togather each. The first cruise I went on the singles in there were older women and the second cruise I went on was college age or younger men. Some choice, LOL. I have a couple of single parent friends and we have talked about going on a single/solo cruise without the kids. Sounds so peaceful, it would be nice to meet other single/solo people around our ages.

• 1 month later...

Since I became newly single again two years ago I've tried both..cruising solo and once in an organized singles group.

Both were a blast but I like the latter better simply because there was a built in pool of others in my situation. We had our own designated area of the dining room so there was always someone new to share dinner with.

As far as the activities, you could do everything, nothing, or somewhere in between.

I liked it so much I'm doing another one in November.

scrim

Archived