Kino sandals

sross6019

Kino sandals are a uniquely Key West product. They are located on Fitzpatrick Street, which runs off of Front Street and Greene Street. It's a small cobblestone street which also has a back enterance to the Hog's Breath. When you get off of your ship, you'll access old-town key west by walking past the Custom's House (the huge red roofed brick building). Continue onto Greene Street and make a left onto Fitzpatrick. Kino sandal factory (very small) will be on your right.

As for the product: if you are a flip flop/sandal afficianado, then a pair should be in your collection. Simple and authentic.

Kinos is only open 9-5 unlike most places that stay open very late. There are a wide variety of styles and colors for men/women and children but there are no half sizes. Locals love them, everybody wears them and they last. I had one pair that lasted 10 years. Of course I have one in every color. And be warned, New Years is a mad house here so plan ahead.

Can anyone tell me what the price range is on these sandals?????

Thanks,

Michelle

They range from around $7 to $25 depending on which style you choose. By far the most popular, and least expensive, are the "flip flop" style. Kinos also sells purses and they take credit cards.

Family are going to be in Key West in Nov. We don't go until April. So we are having them pick us up some sandals.

The problem is, we are both 9 1/2 foot size. Do the sandals fit large? (in which case we would ask for a 9) or are the sizes pretty normal? (in which case we would buy a 10).

Can anyone help us?

thanks,

I was just there last week on vacation and bought 3 pair of Keno's. I only spent 9.00 a piece for them. I wear a 9 1/2 and got a 9 and they fit fine. I think it depends on if you wear a 9 1/2 that is closer to a 9 or a 10.

Try them on, find one that fits and buy loads of them. I love to watch them in the back making them.

I bring them back home to friends and family.

These are must haves.

Judi Hensley

• 1 month later...

Kino's was one of our most anticipated stops a few weeks ago. Don't picture a typical shoe store. It's more like a small front room with benches and a representative sample of each style on display. There's a counter where you can ask for sizes. In plain view are rows of shelves holding all the sandals. It was very busy when we were there.

Also, check out the Hogs Breath. Sit outside if you can. And just outside the little courtyard (on Greene Street, I think) that hold Kino's is the Cafe Iguana. Again, sit outside. Have a mojito. They're awsome.

I bought several pairs for gifts, and always rounded up on the sizes. That seemed to work best, everyone's fit just fine. They don't have every color in every style, but there are plenty to choose from. I didn't pay more than $12 for the styles I chose; namely slides and some with ankle straps. Lucky Magazine gave them a great rating, and those ladies KNOW their shopping tips!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was there a week ago and bought two pair :o. I think one pair was $8 and the other was $9 (not much more than that anyway). I normally wear a sizes 7 or 7-1/2 so I tried both 7 and 8. The 8's seemed to fit better and weren't as big as other size 8 shoes have been on me. Though the soles are a little stiffer than I'd like (very little cushion), the leather straps are about the softest I've felt (the rope is pretty comfortable as well). They feel weightless and more or less stay put on my feet (i.e. fit snuggly and don't slide around). Certainly can't go wrong for the price!

• 1 month later...

Archived